Has anyone installed and used .NET 4.5.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
Hey MWT Community,

I was just curious if anyone had downloaded and used .NET 4.5.2 and have had it installed for a month or more (not for programming, just as an update). Currently, It is offered as optional in Windows 7 SP1 64-bit. Apparently, there is some end of support stuff going on with previous versions of .NET (Microsoft's blog explains). I was thinking of installing the latest version (I know that .NET can be a bit picky when installing and compiling during initial installation and when new software is installed).

Anyone have any experiences to share?

KB article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2901983
Support Lifecycle: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/framework_faq

Khairul

Level 2
Verified
Feb 3, 2015
Just installed it two weeks ago, for a while, any programming soft, game, or any graphic software, didnt occured to face any problem. So it goes fine with me.

Reactions: soccer97
H

hjlbx

It is an option for both W7 and 8.

On my W8.1 system no issues.

If you install it and it causes problems... you can always uninstall it.

Reactions: soccer97

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It should not cause any problem, those changes will be easily notified when doing programming like from Visual Studio where ability on syntax and import namespace differ on which supported and compatible by coding. ;) '

Higher version is much better so any software to install will not ask for any requirements for dependency.

Reactions: scot

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
It runs just fine on both my windows 7 machines. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.