Troubleshoot Haven't been running Brother MFC-7340 Printer very long and it's already out of toner

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I'm shocked.

Basically I've printed off a small handful of articles. I tried my best to select my printer according to what would save me on these kinds of expenses. Did it blow it horribly?

Where do I get my best savings?

Operating System
Windows XP Home Edition 32-bit SP3
CPU
Intel Pentium 4
Northwood 0.13um Technology
RAM
2.00GB DDR @ 166MHz (2.5-3-3-7)
Motherboard
Dell Computer Corp. 0G1548 (Microprocessor)
Graphics
Default Monitor (1280x1024@60Hz)
Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller (Dell)
Storage
74GB Seagate ST380011A (ATA) 36 °C
119GB PNY USB 2.0 FD USB Device (USB)
3GB Lexar USB Flash Drive USB Device (USB)
Optical Drives
SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S
Audio
Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device

Last edited:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
That is why I no longer use my printer, I go to my local office store Staples, save the files to be printed on USB and they will print full page colored copies for 5 cents each.
They even allow you to email your copies to be printed and will sent them to you in one day free of charge if located in the same city.

My advice, find a local office store and find out how much they charge, I bet it is much cheaper than having to buy the ink and paper.

Thanks. :D

Upvote 0

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
That is why I no longer use my printer, I go to my local office store Staples, save the files to be printed on USB and they will print full page colored copies for 5 cents each.
They even allow you to email your copies to be printed and will sent them to you in one day free of charge if located in the same city.

Thanks for that information. Could you give a bit more detail on how you save things to be printed?

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Thanks for that information. Could you give a bit more detail on how you save things to be printed?

1. Buy a USB stick.
2. Plug USB stick into PC or laptop.
3. Open Windows Explorer to the location of the files you want to print.
4. Right click on the files, select "Send to" USB device.
5. Wait until they are copied and then remove USB stick and take to your local copy store.

Most copy stores will know how to access the files on the USB stick and make copies for you.

Enjoy!! :D

Reactions: conceptualclarity
Upvote 0

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
+1 with Littlebits
I also have an old printer, but never use it again since I realized printing my papers on local office store is cheaper, I put my old printer in warehouse since then :D

However..the cost for "walking to the local office store" is quite expense though :D but it's worth it :)
Unless of course...the local office store is near from your house :)

Reactions: Koroke San
Upvote 0

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I know there are things to use for downloading web pages. I would need to do that to implement Littlebits' advice. What's the best for that?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.