Status
Not open for further replies.
Last known PC infection
Fav. Web Browser
Google Chrome
Fav. Desktop OS
Windows
Fav. Antivirus
Using Avast Premium now, but I've never found one that actually, you know, works.
Fav. Videogame
Tetris...always.

Zena2.0

Thread author
Jan 30, 2015
Hi MWT People!
I'm new here, Hello.
My computer is so infested with malware that I'm surprised it hasn't sprouted legs and run away. I've had to wipe the hard-drive and reloaded the OS (Windows 7sp1...I know) four times in the last five-months! That used to do the trick, but not anymore.
I've also spent hundreds on new security systems, but after I've used a malware cleaner, installed them and started them scanning, they've all told me "Everything is just great!". They never catch a virus. It's like getting a cat when you're infested with mice and discovering that the cat is mouse-phobic.

Most recently, my computer's descent into Hell went like this:
1. Start to slow down (uh-oh)...
2. Delete files (UH-OH)!
3. Change the shell-extensions on programs and take ownership of them so that I don't have permission to do anything about it (@&^%#*&@%!)
4. Disable maintenance functions like Windows Update and Recovery, and corrupt all of my installers and uninstallers. (Zena's throwing up now.)
6. Added programs that I've never seen before, and don't show up on Programs and Features so I can delete them (is it getting dark in here?)
5. Killed Chrome, which I cannot uninstall and made it crash every 5-10 seconds (head exploding. Meh!).

I've seen each of the above before, but never all at once and so quickly! If anyone has a clue, I'm clueless and would appreciate any help you can offer.

THANKS FOR BEING OUT THERE!
Zena2.0

jadequest99

Level 3
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
Thank You I notice your an ESET user, I just recently switched from ESET NOD32 to Emsisoft Internet Security because I've heard so many good reports when I search forums about it. Not saying ESET isn't any good I like how light it uses ram on my laptop pc, but just giving Emsisoft a try.;)

Zena2.0

Thread author
Jan 30, 2015
Thank You I notice your an ESET user, I just recently switched from ESET NOD32 to Emsisoft Internet Security because I've heard so many good reports when I search forums about it. Not saying ESET isn't any good I like how light it uses ram on my laptop pc, but just giving Emsisoft a try.;)
Hi,
I'm not using ESET, I use Avast Premier Internet Security. It's a little annoying because it thinks it knows the settings I want, better than I do. Every time I have my settings the way that I want them, I log out to go to bed, and when I wake up, all of the default settings are back! I've never had a security system that just ignored what I wanted. Not sure how long I'll put up with this. I hope you continue to like Emsisoft. Right now, I can't install or uninstall anything. This malware ate all of my install/uninstall capabilities, so I guess that's the first problem to solve.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Welcome to Computer security headquarters! INFESTED one ... :cool:

How can we kill your malwares ? :D A smile isn't working ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.