Solved help with COMODO Firewall uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck davis

Thread author
Apr 23, 2014
I got free Comodo firewall, what a mistake, I hate it . Iam trying to uninstall it but it only uninstalled about half, thanks to Revo. I tried to uninstall any comodo file I saw but some it says try again.

Reactions: Ink
I

illumination

I got free Comodo firewall, what a mistake, I hate it . Iam trying to uninstall it but it only uninstalled about half, thanks to Revo. I tried to uninstall any comodo file I saw but some it says try again.
Reinstall comodo firewall, then uninstall it from the windows built in add/remove programs.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello,
Is Comodo still visible in the "Uninstall or change program" list or Revo uninstaller list? Is it still running in the background or are you seeing the Comodo icon in the tray bar?

Reactions: Littlebits
Upvote 0

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Also, you need a very good un-installer like IObit unistaller,Revo Un-installer, ect...
http://forums.comodo.com/install-se...nstall-cis-to-avoidfix-problems-t58620.0.html

Uninstall tool is half way down the page. #3. Also, you can call them and ask them to
sent you a link for their uninstall tool.

This one the reason I stay away from Comodo Firewall. Very hard to un-install their software. Good Luck!:(

Very good tool for un-install Comodo software below:
http://malwaretips.com/threads/soft-organizer-3-31-giveaway.22446/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jaffa_Whacka

Level 2
Verified
May 24, 2014
I had no problems when i uninstalled Comodo but i would boot into safe mode delete any left over folders from comodo in
C:\Program Files
C:\Program Files(x86)
C:\ProgramData
C:\Users\Name\App Data\

Also run Command Prompt as admin and type "set devmgmt show_nonpresent_devices=1" then "start devmgmt.msc" without quotes then go to View > Show Hidden Devices then expand the Non-Plug and Play devices and delete the Comodo file and reboot. Then run CCleaner and also do a registry scan and delete any keys left over. You can also go to regedit and delete any Comodo folders in HKLM\Software and HKCU\Software and also the Wow6432Node drop down. This is how i uninstalled Comodo as it left the driver installed and running.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.