Solved Hitman Pro detect Quickheal Internet Security as Trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
If you are using an official uncracked version downloaded from their website then it is false positive. If you downloaded it from any other source or used a crack then it could be infected.

Thanks.:D

Upvote 0

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Littlebits said:
If you are using an official uncracked version downloaded from their website then it is false positive. If you downloaded it from any other source or used a crack then it could be infected.

Nopes it is from their official website

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
The only info that I can find on Google- http://binarydb.com/file/nvmisscn.dll-v53339.html

Apparently the file is not digitally signed which causes it to look suspicious.

It is not common for security software to not digitally sign their files.
QuickHeal needs to do something about this.

Upvote 0

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
i know that, ITS NOT N FALSE +ve... Quich Heal use an .dll file that is a virus file.. When you AV is Updated than its work like an av but when you stop update to 10-15 days its cause damage your PC..!

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
More than likely a FP. Have you reported it to Quick Heal?

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If you believed that Quickheal is an FP which you download through their website then right click from the detected item and click "report as safe file".

Also you may communicate with the developer of Hitman Pro through Wilderssecurity.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you use an Antivirus to protect your PC, then purposely not update its databases for a long period of time. The AV's older definitions may not be able to protect you against the latest threats.

You as the user are responsible for your PC, not the software you use to protect it.

Therefore, I believe your claim is false.

Akash209 said:
i know that, ITS NOT N FALSE +ve... Quich Heal use an .dll file that is a virus file.. When you AV is Updated than its work like an av but when you stop update to 10-15 days its cause damage your PC..!

Upvote 0

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
HMP is the new champion of FPs

They have held that crown for years, but their cloud has greatly reduced those incidents in my experiences.

A couple of my friends use Windows 7 and have all kinds of stuff they don't need no their PC's. I ran a HitMan Pro scan for them and one item after the other was being sent to the cloud. In the end: ZERO FP's

Upvote 0

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
No answer from them even after 48 hours.
The product creating only slowdown with useless and I believe weakest firewall on the Planet.

Uninstalling right now.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hitman Pro own engine are based.detection mostly sophisticated threats and the rest will leave for other engines for commonly viruses.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.