Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I stole it from a forum i visited years ago :D
I thought you were a real Robot :(

DardiM => created specially for this forum.

Michael Dardi : one of my "identities"

=> I use to create one pseudo / e-mail by forum /website I registered => 'privacy' purpose :cool:

(look at my avatar, that's my real identity :p)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Umbra is a diminished version of my original nickname which is Umbrapolaris. (on Wilders i still use it), because everybody use to just call me Umbra.

Umbra = Shadow in the Latin dead language.
Polaris = name of the north star (Pole Star), the shiniest solitary one you see in the sky.

so basically , it means the "Shadow of the North Star"; i liked the duality of the shadow opposed to the shiniest star in our constellation.
Shadow because i like the mysteriousness, stealthiness and fear that it represent.

i used to play Dungeons & Dragons , and my characters were always using shadow and cold abilities.

:D

59er

Level 1
Apr 23, 2015
In our home, we are outnumbered by the amount of rescued cats we care for & love.:rolleyes: Amazingly, none would know this:confused: by the non-existant odors. Even when my son comes home to visit, we do not surpass in numbers these cuddly (& often times infuriating:mad:) living, breathing, stuffed animals, whom bring us a great deal of joy! When deciding upon a username, I thoughto_O writing it down like a scorecard might make a good one. I hope you think so too.

BTW, @ofbeautyandrage, the band Red chose well and so did you!:cool:
Always liked your name here, like it even more now. I've had up to 6 strays a few times....whew.
As for my handle..59 is the section of a local arena where my hockey seats are located (long time STH).
Also, it is my birth year.

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Polaris = name of the north star (Pole Star), the shiniest solitary one you see in the sky.

so basically , it means the "Shadow of the North Star"; i liked the duality of the shadow opposed to the shiniest star in our constellation.
Shadow because i like the mysteriousness, stealthiness and fear that it represent.

Great name Umbra:) BUT I do have to point out that Polaris is NOT the brightest star in the sky. It's well known as being the one that is above the North Pole, therefore pointing you North, which is one way they used to navigate in the old days by using the guide stars in the Plough (Big Dipper)

Sirius in Canis Major is the brightest star in terms of magnitude, easily seen even in heavily light polluted skies, but it is a winter star, not a summer one.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Great name Umbra:) BUT I do have to point out that Polaris is NOT the brightest star in the sky. It's well known as being the one that is above the North Pole, therefore pointing you North, which is one way they used to navigate in the old days by using the guide stars in the Plough (Big Dipper)

Sirius in Canis Major is the brightest star in terms of magnitude, easily seen even in heavily light polluted skies, but it is a winter star, not a summer one.

thanks for the precisions ;)

Got mine from my favourite and what i consider the greatest home computer of the mid-80s.

yes it was an awesome machine, i used the Amiga 1200 , awesome games on it.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Many years ago, about 18 years i think i was putting my jeans on on a cold winters morning and i got a hell of a fright as there a frog in one of the legs and my wife started calling me frogboy so when i joined MT i said to my wife what should i pick as a username and there you have it frogboy was born. :D
That is a good one. :D

safe1st

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Safe1st or Security First.
Safe1st from Safety first. Safety is the condition of being protected from harm
Security First. Security is the state of being free from threat, in this thing I talk about from viruses. So you guys can imagine it :)

These usernames just came up on my mind.

simbelmayne

Level 3
Verified
Jul 4, 2016
I was pretty excited by LoTR and other fantasy themes in my 14-16, so when I searched for the first nickname, I looked for it in Tolkien's books. I don't even know how it is spelled in original Tolkien's language, but In russian translation it is Simbelmayne - the white flowers that only grow on the mounds of Rohan kings. Pretty childish, and I wanted to change this one, but it is very comfortable to know that your nickname will never be in use anywhere.

L

LabZero

Thread author
The reason is that this username fully represents myself.

Lab : that's why I spend many hours studying malware and security, it is part of my life.

Zero: well...I started from zero, without helps, and it is so important to reach a goal, any goal and the satisfaction is immense! :)

Aka Klipsh

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
I was pretty excited by LoTR and other fantasy themes in my 14-16, so when I searched for the first nickname, I looked for it in Tolkien's books. I don't even know how it is spelled in original Tolkien's language, but In russian translation it is Simbelmayne - the white flowers that only grow on the mounds of Rohan kings. Pretty childish, and I wanted to change this one, but it is very comfortable to know that your nickname will never be in use anywhere.

Here ya go:) I'm a big LOTR fan too:D
Simbelmynë

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.