How easy is it to get into CloudFlare protected site?

SkyboundSteven

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jun 30, 2014
I started a seemingly-illegal-but-legal project called AntiFlare, which shows how easy is it to get above the protection of CloudFlare, a famous Cloud-powered Content Delivery Network and Network Firewall.
I use a simple IP logging site called IPLogger: http://iplogger.org
This involves absolutely no hacking at all and involves Social Engineering.

The basics of this project:
1. Get the IP.
2. Get the IP.
3. Get the IP.
4. Run them through Nmap.
5. Tell the Admin to strengthen the security.

The test page is a Minecraft server forum called Hypixel -- as the forum is secured behind CloudFlare and has decent security.

And no -- the IPs collected aren't going anywhere. It stays there forever, and will be discarded once the project is finished.

The aim of this project IS NOT ABOUT hacking the forum and stuff; It's about how useless CloudFlare is.

I made a profile there under a very obscure username, and began posting invisible IP logging taps into the forum.

The results will be up soon (all private informations of people in there will be censored very carefully).

I am trying my best to keep this project legal (as it's on the borderline of legal and illegal).
Any questions? Post them below or send email to:
netvolution2014@gmail.com (public email)

And, the image explaining all of them is:
lPbPuRr.jpg

"You are not perfect."

Reactions: Jack

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.