App Review How Safe are you using Chrome and Safety Add-ons

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012
Thanks to ryan for his Places to find malware. used two of those links :D

You can skip the video after watching around for 12:30 mins as the rest of the results are allmost same !!

I was Using all these 4 add-ons now i guess my browser will be a lot lighter :p
What about you ??

P.S. If you think that the Review could have been done in a better way do let me know

Last edited by a moderator:

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012
RE: Chrome with WOT/TrafficLight/AVGthreatLabs/Webutation Add-ons Review

Any comments for Bitdefender Traffic Light being so useless ???
I don't understand how and why ?? Did i do something wrong ??

N

Nige_40

I have Bitdefender installed under Comodo Dragon, As an Extension.

I did my checks with the Virus List under Malware Hub and each one and it caught bad url's I opened them like you did in video and it still said Bad site, then my CIS 5.10 caught them after that point.

I got my Extension from Bitdefenders website then clicked install and it took me direct to install it in Chrome Web Store

So I have no idea how your getting safe sites when they are not :huh:

Hope this helps

Regards

Nigel

N

Nige_40

Mind you, Madyrocksin, I have read a few reviews on Traffic light by Bit Defender on the Dragon/Google Webstore. and a few said it works great and a few are saying it's not updateing everyday! It updated everyday with Internet Explorer if you have it installed on IE I myself have it installed under Internet Explorer 9 and the build and version is a lot bigger. Like for IE 9 its: You are using version 1.5.0.201 Last updated on: 23/8/2012 plus with I.E 9 it's build differently It has this :

AD FILTER Removes those unwanted advertisements.

ADVANCED PHISHING FILTER Prevents phishing including attacks coming from social networking websites.

MALWARE FILTER Keeps malware away from your system.

SEARCH RESULT ANALYZER Provides advance warning of risky websites within your search results

I have them all on. But on the front cover it has 3 different icons and the 1st icon is shorten URL 2nd Adblocker
3rd Icon is share trafficlights with friends. On the one for I.E it don't have a tracker on the front like it does under The Extension version.

And I think you know what it has under Settings so I'm not going to add it here.

But I looked at when Traffic Light was installed on to the web store and it said: Version: 0.1.28
Updated: Friday, 17 February 2012
Language: English

So I hope this info help you Madyrocksin and for everybody else

Kind Regards

Nigel

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011

madyrocksin said:

You were using 4 add ons, i suspect some were cancelling out the effectiveness of BDTL.
Perhaps test BDTL alone :huh:

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012
Nige_40 said:
Mind you, Madyrocksin, I have read a few reviews on Traffic light by Bit Defender on the Dragon/Google Webstore. and a few said it works great and a few are saying it's not updateing everyday! It updated everyday with Internet Explorer if you have it installed on IE I myself have it installed under Internet Explorer 9 and the build and version is a lot bigger. Like for IE 9 its: You are using version 1.5.0.201 Last updated on: 23/8/2012 plus with I.E 9 it's build differently It has this :

AD FILTER Removes those unwanted advertisements.

ADVANCED PHISHING FILTER Prevents phishing including attacks coming from social networking websites.

MALWARE FILTER Keeps malware away from your system.

SEARCH RESULT ANALYZER Provides advance warning of risky websites within your search results

I have them all on. But on the front cover it has 3 different icons and the 1st icon is shorten URL 2nd Adblocker
3rd Icon is share trafficlights with friends. On the one for I.E it don't have a tracker on the front like it does under The Extension version.

And I think you know what it has under Settings so I'm not going to add it here.

But I looked at when Traffic Light was installed on to the web store and it said: Version: 0.1.28
Updated: Friday, 17 February 2012
Language: English

So I hope this info help you Madyrocksin and for everybody else

Kind Regards

Nigel

If it was supposed to work with IE then better they should have mentioned the same. Many might be using it in chrome/firefox thinking that this will secure their browsing :p Anyways thanks for letting me know i will try this on IE :D

NSG001 said:
madyrocksin said:

You were using 4 add ons, i suspect some were cancelling out the effectiveness of BDTL.
Perhaps test BDTL alone :huh:

ohk that may be possible as well will see to it :)

N

Nige_40

I agree with you Madyrocksin, but if you look at the url for page >

http://trafficlight.bitdefender.com/extensions.html

It shows you the info for each browser. But on the page it makes it confusing for the user. But you will see what I mean once you check the link

Hope this helps for all

Regards

Nigel

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.