Guide | How To How to Change Windows 7 Experience Index – Hack (Fun)

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
1. Go to below Following Location,

C:\Windows\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore

2. Open Notepad in Administrative mode ( Since we are editing the system file, it requires administrative mode to make changes in the system file)

Right-Click on Notepad and Select Run as Administrator or Press Ctrl + Shift and Click on the Notepad.

TUT.png

3. Drag and Drop the File named Formal.Assessment (Initial/Recent).WinSAT to Text Editor (Notepad) Or Open the file going to the location. Once File is opened, search for <SystemScore> or </SystemScore>

TUT1.png

In between <SystemScore> and </SystemScore> tag, change the value of system score as you wish, I have changed to 7.3 as seen in the screenshot.

TUT2.png

4. Save the File, Press Win + Pause Break and Check System Properties.

TUT3.png

Note: If you see File named Formal.Assessment (Recent).WinSAT in the same location, change system score for that file too.

You can also increase any specific component Score like Memory, Graphic or Processor.

Find the below tag in the code and change value between those tags.

TUT5.png

How To Reset to True Rating Scores

In System Properties, Click on Windows Experience Index and Click on Re-run the assessment. The scores will be set to True value according to your system performance and changes made by you will be discarded.

TUT4.png

Compatible: This hack may works on Vista, we never Tested this on Vista.

Last edited:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I've known about this for a while now. It's great to trick friends into showing off your "fake" score, but then if you want to show them the real score it will be low :p

Can you make it though go as high as you want?

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Trick to fool online friends but not the person who can touch your machine.
Even if you show 9.9 to your friend and if he run your machine he will easily come to know about manipulation.

thanks Unknown for share as it can be used to make fun

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Stranger said:
Even if you show 9.9 to your friend and if he run your machine he will easily come to know about manipulation.

even i had fooled some of my friends i also like this trick a lot but the most i like about this trick is i can also change the processor and the ram but in my country there are very less users who would be able to detect it

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Unknown said:
Stranger said:

even i had fooled some of my friends i also like this trick a lot but the most i like about this trick is i can also change the processor and the ram but in my country there are very less users who would be able to detect it

Hahaha but remember the person who cheat other harm himself first

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Unknown said:

If I showed some of my non-tech savvy mates, they would have no idea if that was real or not, even some of the tech savvy ones might not know. :D

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Can cause some system errors. I knew this trick from a long time. Just for a fun trick, be sure to make a system restore.
And it does work on windows vista and windows 8

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
malbky said:
Just for a fun trick, be sure to make a system restore.

I always do that no matter what modification I do to my machine :D

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Thanks to this thread I will no longer believe any Windows Experience Rating screenshots shown by anyone over the Internet (including this forum) even if they claim it's 100% real and true.

Well done... :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 178

MrXidus said:
Thanks to this thread I will no longer believe any Windows Experience Rating screenshots shown by anyone over the Internet (including this forum) even if they claim it's 100% real and true.

mine is true !! :D

3WroR.jpg

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
MrXidus said:

3WroR.jpg

why haven't you edited some more thing like ram and cpu :p

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
MrXidus said:

3WroR.jpg

nice specs

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.