Guide | How To How to clean a patching virus or Sality

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Hi everyone, today i'm going to show you how to clean patching virus (virut or sality). Patching virus is type of virus that patches everything what gets executed: exe,dll,com,scr,sys etc. and infect it.Removal is little bit hard but if system after removal gets corrupted or not functioning properly, then you should reinstall your Windows.
Things you'll need:
-Rescue Disc
-Malware Scanner
-Active Internet Connection to update databases
-Tweaking.com AIO Windows repair tool (if system gets corrupted).
1)For rescue disc i recommend to use Kaspersky because it's very good at disinfection of the system and it has a file manager like Windows Explorer if you wish to remove it manually. When you launch Rescue CD,
make sure you put a check mark on C:/ and update it before scanning ,if you dont have MBAM or Hitman Pro you can download it via Web Browser which is included in CD. When Kaspersky removes all threats, reboot to your operating system.
2)After you rebooted to your operating system, launch MBAM,make sure that you updated it before scanning,do a system scan, what finds remove, and reboot computer. After that, launch Hitman Pro, which has ability to repair corrupted system functions, e.g. Folder Options, Task Manager, RegEdit etc.
You dont have to update it , just scan the system, what finds leave actions to default, and restart system.
3)If you notice some system function is corrupted,you can use AIO Windows repair tool to fix them.
There is also a video(s) about more detailed Sality removal (videos made by mrizos and Britec09)

miketan77

Level 3
Verified
Jul 24, 2014
Just recently my computer was infected by win 32 sality virus. I had scan with MBAM, superantispyware, webroot antivirus, stinger, drweb cureit, found some viruses on my computer, quarantined and repaired them in vain. Do again in safe mode, still the same. Hard to heal and kill the virus. The end, using Norton Ghost to recovery my system.
I will try your method, if I faced the same problem again.

Reactions: MalwareT

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.