Guide | How To [How-To Guide] Enable Auto-Login for Windows 7

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
step 1:
1R0zw.png

step 2:
VoxTS.png

simple guide from me :)

marsellus

May 24, 2011
RE: [how to] Auto-Login windows 7

Accounts Window user, you can also open the command: control userpasswords2.
Win+R-> control userpasswords2

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011

Am I right in thinking it is more secure to have a password on your account and auto log in then to have no password at all?? so malware can't set a password and lock you out??

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011

MetalShaun said:
Am I right in thinking it is more secure to have a password on your account and auto log in then to have no password at all?? so malware can't set a password and lock you out??

if malware change it, use remove password by hiren's CD

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

marsellus said:
Accounts Window user, you can also open the command: control userpasswords2.
Win+R-> control userpasswords2
I've always used this method on my PC... I'm the only user on my system and I don't have anything important on it,so the authentication was unnecessary

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
MetalShaun said:

Unfortunately if malware gets to the point where it can create a new password it can probably change an existing one as well.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.