Guide | How To How to Install Windows 8 In Vmware

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2011
Hey Whats up Guys! As i said i'd make a guide on how to install windows 8 DP in vmaware, so here we go!:angel:

Step one
Select new machine in vmware like so
168a81u.png

Step two
2s9pv1w.png

browse the location of the Iso file you downloaded, Dont worry Vmware will say it cannot find a OS thats fine just click I will install OS later

Step Three
fpcmio.png

Select windows from the OS choice And Please make sure it set to Windows XP or else it may not work

Step Four
kedbbk.png

Name your OS so it would be Windows 8

Step 5
29engxs.png

Set the OS HD space it will say 60GB but thats way to much i set mine to 20GB

Step 6
2dc5top.png

Configure the amount of RAM network ect. this is up to you just make sure its above 1GB of ram

Finally Power on the machine and There you have it!
fuono.png

For people having trouble in VMware7 here is the solution

alg0up.png

2bs6mp.png

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Ah, okay, well okay I will try that because the difference I have is that I am using VMware 7. something and I have to update and a question what version did you get 32 bit or 64 bit?

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2011
McLovin said:
Ah, okay, well okay I will try that because the difference I have is that I am using VMware 7. something and I have to update and a question what version did you get 32 bit or 64 bit?

Well 32bit. But it dosen't really matter tbh It should work the same, and it should work on vm7 as there is no major difference apart from GUI :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Nathan Wootton said:
McLovin said:

Well 32bit. But it dosen't really matter tbh It should work the same, and it should work on vm7 as there is no major difference apart from GUI :)

Hmm, okay. Well I have to look into it because it does not work for me. might be because I am picking the iso first.
2s9pv1w.png

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Ahh, okay. That is what I probably did wrong. Will try it again when I get home from TAFE.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.