Guide | How To [How To] protect your USB from getting infected

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Ratool v1.0 (Removable Access tool)

Removable Access tool is a very simple-to-use portable freeware Application it helps an individual or a system administrator control USB storage devices. You can protect your confidential data from being copied by others . Ratool can disable USB storage access or enable write protection on all USB Flash drives thus prevent data from being modified or deleted. There are a lot of such tools available on the internet but they are not effective for example if you use one of the USB Disabler and disable any usb storage / Pendrive you can use another tool and enable it again easily that mean ; they actually not protect your Usb ports, that is the point why we published Ratool , if you use Ratool you don’t have to worry about such a situation because other tools can not easily break the Ratool’s protection.

Reactions: Rishi

TsVk!

May 14, 2013
Anyone know where I can get a file for Linux distros that does this? can only find system protection, rather than USB protection files. :dodgy:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
TsVk!: Due to Linux version, its more purposely on programming a script through a commandline.

Link

On most cases, autorun attacks are based from Windows so it does habe ability to execute properly, rather than you may delete those files safely.

TsVk!

May 14, 2013
My main workstation is Linux, but I support Windows machines. What is happening time and time again is when I go to a malware incident my flash drive with my tools is corrupted or deleted, which is a pain. I've tried setting my files to read only, creating cd partitions, and even filling the whole drives spare space with dummy data to prevent writing. Nothing works.

I cannot apply a drive blocking application on the whole network, it would freak out the tards and they'd not be able to turn it off when using other usb devices.

Short of creating cds I've not figured a solution for this. :dash1:

edit:

Buying a USB stick with a hardware write protection switch seems like the only option...

Unless there's any super-nerds in here that can figure the script?

firestr001

Level 2
Jul 22, 2012
Littlebits said:
Here is a new product for those who may like to try it.
I have not tried it because I have no idea how well it will preform.

infblockerpro.png

InfBlocker Shield 4.0 PRO Edition.

This Free Software protects the computer against virus from infected USB flash drive. It has an ability to lock autorun.inf files and its associate executable files in a multiple instance of plugging USB flash drive. It also removes or disables the suspicious files in a USB flash drive. InfBlocker can immunize any drive to prevent virus infection.

This program is free for personal and non-commercial use. Distributed exclusively by RCPsoft.net

VIRUS TOTAL RESULTS: here
v.4.0.0.0 English - OS: Microsoft Windows© XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
Build PRO 1.0 RCPsoft.net 2013 - Requires Microsoft .NET Framework

Homepage
Download (Softpedia)

Softpedia guarantees that InfBlocker PRO Edition 2013 4.0.0.0 Build 1.0 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors.

Enjoy!!:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
USB Flash Drives Control

rogram Overview
USB Flash Drives Control is a small and easy to use program that runs in system tray, next to the system clock, and provides quick access to control the way in which the USB flash drives are used on your computer. USB Flash Drives Control offers four operating modes:

Enable USB Flash Drives - This is the default Windows setting. USB Flash drives are allowed.
Deny Execute Mode - By enabling this setting, execute access will be denied for all executable files on all USB flash drives used on the current computer, for all user accounts. This ensures a plus of security to the system against dangerous and malicious software, like worms, backdoors or password stealers. This option is available only for Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Read Only Mode - By enabling this setting, write access will be denied on all USB flash drives used on the computer. All USB flash drives become read-only and the users can't copy data on them.
Disable USB Flash Drives - By enabling this option, the USB flash drives will not be allowed on the computer. If this option is enabled, all the connected drives must be removed in order to make this setting to apply to them.

05.png

Link

android

Sep 24, 2013
Umbra Polaris said:
i love this forum, Thanks Littlebits, i learn things everyday :D

rofl, USB defender detected as malware by emsisoft ^^
though very unlikely, what if it was because they were rival companies...
anyone know of any times where this was the case?

JacobVR

Jan 13, 2016
You can use Sandboxie software which will give you the option to copy the file from usb and paste into real system. ;)

Wihat

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
There so many tools that can protect removable drives...It makes me headache. :confused:

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
MCShield is the best USB protection, it has world class heuristics and amazing signatures :)

Wihat

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
I'm just afraid that the local antivirus will treats MCShield as malware.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
I'm just afraid that the local antivirus will treats MCShield as malware.
What antivirus do you have? The program is safe, it is a false positive just exclude it from other programs.

Wihat

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
I'm using Bitdefender. I know it's a FP( especially i don't trust Jiangmin).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.