I cannot re-install Chrome, please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! It's 1:58 in Oklahoma. I'm very tired. Maybe someone else will help you. I will check back latter.
I do not know why you can't install these software programs. The only thing left is to check with TwinHeadedEagal in the malware section.
If you are the Administrator, you should be able to install these programs. You may have to re due your accounts????
Here's link to the malware section!
http://malwaretips.com/threads/preparation-guide-before-requesting-malware-removal-help.20334/

Ellie Otani

Thread author
Verified
Dec 3, 2014
That's what I thought. I thought your recommendation is really about uninstalling. I passed the stage and need advises in the different level.
Thanks for your time anyway.

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! Sorry I wasn't able to help you! I hope you are able to solve your problem here on MT!
We have smart people here!! I tried!!!

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! You might consider saving your data and restoring back to factory; if all else fails. Not being able to down load any programs is not a good thing. Let me know how things are going for you.
Thanks!

Ellie Otani

Thread author
Verified
Dec 3, 2014
I gave up and brought my lap top to my work and show our IT guy during the lunch time. He ran "ComboFix" and that solved everything. He connected it to LAN and downloaded Chrome without any problem. Now, Chrome works and I could use IE to download Revo Uninstaller without error message. My IT guys said he does not know what "ComboFix" did. But, it is working fine. It looks like the virus scan I ran took care of the issue and BuyNSave extension is gone. Thanks for checking back anyway.

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! Thank you for your feed back! ComboFix is a powerful tool. I have used if a couple of times. I don't recommend it
here as the forum frowns on that. I'm glad you got your problem solved. I think some where in my replies I suggested visiting our malware section. I'm sure TwinHeadedEagal or Argus could have got you going,but good for your IT guy.
I hope you're creating regular back up images of your OS. Having a image of your OS on a external HD makes these problems very easy to fix. You can learn how to create a image by clicking on the link in my signature.

Attachments

• Capture510.jpg
    Capture510.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 34

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
This threas is now closed. @Ellie Otani if you need help, please open another thread.

@donetao you are NOT allowed to post in this section of the forum. Only trainned malware removal staff is. Please avoid posting in the Malware Removal Assistance forum in the future.

Reactions: TwinHeadedEagle
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.