I can't install windows over linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Ever since I installed linux I've been trying to reinstall windows, but it doesn't seem to work when I boot the windows 8 install on usb it says the partion isn't formated in NTFS or something like that & if it didn't say that it would work.

1. Is there anyway to change the partion to NTFS to windows can install when linux changed this up? (Again I don't know what it said for sure, but it's something about the drive format)

Sorry if this doesn't make sense It is just frustrating when I can't install windows over linux.

It has came to the point that I want to destroy this desktop if I can't solve this problem (gg $1000)

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
use a live cd to erase entire disk and create partitions.
then start fresh by installing windows and then linux

Reactions: Littlebits

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
i'm not sure how it will work. if you install linux and then windows, how will the grub screen get updated with windows entry ?
maybe someone who installed this way, could explain well.

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
i'm not sure how it will work. if you install linux and then windows, how will the grub screen get updated with windows entry ?
maybe someone who installed this way, could explain well.

I made a NTFS partion so now I will have to wait till this is finished and then see if it works.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I hope it all works out, Fantasy. If all goes well "destroying the desktop" shall be averted;), and (maybe) there'll be room on your Favorite Members Roster, beneath Malware1, for The Kaptain!:cool::D

Reactions: KaptainBug
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.