Battle In BD-Family, which one has the best proactive heuristic detection and behavioural protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
"BD-Family" in the title refers to the antivirus softwares that use Bitdefener's engine.
Please note that this battle only focuses on the proactive heuristic/generic detection and behavioural protection capabilities.

Reactions: conceptualclarity

rienna

Level 2
Verified
Mar 28, 2015
There's also Avetix.
But the problem is Avetix and Roboscan still aren't that good.
Like lava-soft they're currently doing really poorly in most tests.

Emers

May 12, 2015
according AV-comparatives Real-World protection test from March 2015 and File Detection Test from 2015

Both Qihoo 360 and Emsisoft did great, but Qihoo 360 did better then Emsisoft, and original BitDefender did better then Qihoo

Qihoo was disqualified later,not sure why, as i remember Qihoo used BitDefender engine during tests but u can also enable both Avira+BitDefender engines in Qihoo for better protection, here is screenshots of pre-disqualified results

VhlhQ40.png

6RtgICy.png

Online_Sword

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
according AV-comparatives Real-World protection test from March 2015 and File Detection Test from 2015

Both Qihoo 360 and Emsisoft did great, but Qihoo 360 did better then Emsisoft, and original BitDefender did better then Qihoo

Qihoo was disqualified later,not sure why, as i remember Qihoo used BitDefender engine during tests but u can also enable both Avira+BitDefender engines in Qihoo for better protection, here is screenshots of pre-disqualified results

Sorry, but this battle only focuses on the proactive heuristic/generic detection and behavioural protection capabilities.
I think the file detection test only evaluates the capability of traditional signature based detection,
and I guess the score in the real world test also highly depends on the signature based detection.
Therefore, in my opinion, the scores in these two tests cannot be taken as a reference here.

rienna

Level 2
Verified
Mar 28, 2015
Sorry, but this battle only focuses on the proactive heuristic/generic detection and behavioural protection capabilities.
I think the file detection test only evaluates the capability of traditional signature based detection,
and I guess the score in the real world test also highly depends on the signature based detection.
Therefore, in my opinion, the scores in these two tests cannot be taken as a reference here.
Plus that same test is using a fake version of qihoo that they (qihoo) never show the public.

Emers

May 12, 2015
Plus that same test is using a fake version of qihoo that they (qihoo) never show the public.
I thot that Qihoo 360 version that was used in test was same as public one expect that Test Qihoo 360 version had only BitDefender engine enabled among all 4-5 engines included in Qihoo to avoid false alarms.(could be wrong im not sure)

And Public version only have Cloud 360 and QVMII AI engines enabled by default. Hover BitDefender engine can be enabled in settings menu also combined with Avira engine.

I mean that Qihoo used only BitDefender engine during test, and enabling all 4 engines including BitDefender and Avira engines in setting menu will give better protection then it was in test results but more false alarms. (original BD engine is still better then Qihoo BD engine according march/april tests but Qihoo offers enabling like 4 engines together including Avira Engine)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.