Infected Gateway FX6850 Desktop

Enrico Pumarosa

Thread author
Mar 3, 2014
Infected Gateway Desktop won't allow me to download anything, however, I can get online in regular mode of safe mode with networking.

I'm using an old PC running Ubuntu 12.04 LT to download scanners and other programs.

I need some assistance on how to proceed.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Ok, we will be working in safe mode :)

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Enrico Pumarosa

Thread author
Mar 3, 2014
TwinHeadedEagle: Thank you for the prompt reply.

Looks like I have some new issues. Cannot boot into safe mode, when the regular screen comes on there is this message in the bottom right hand corner:

Windows 7

Build 7601

This copy of windows is not genuine.

I still can get online with my PC using Ubnutu 12.04LTS

What I'd really like to do is to be able to get my important files off the PC then return it to factory settings in the hope of erasing everything.

I have an SSD drive that I want to install plus some other upgrades.

Let me know what we can do.

Again, thank you for your prompt response and all efforts to help

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.