Installing Vuze does bizarre things to firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitlin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 17, 2015
Just wanted to update that I solved this problem in a round about way and I am now quite happy...

decided to install Palemoon and import only my bookmarks and passwords, reinstalling add ons I wanted (and more that I just researched...)

now uninstalling firefox and looking up how to remove all remaining traces. Cheers & thanks for the help and suggestions

Reactions: OokamiCreed

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I will probably try to replicate this in Virtualbox soon to see if anything causes that weird tab issue and any of the other issues that you talked about.
Just wanted to update that I solved this problem in a round about way and I am now quite happy...

decided to install Palemoon and import only my bookmarks and passwords, reinstalling add ons I wanted (and more that I just researched...)

now uninstalling firefox and looking up how to remove all remaining traces. Cheers & thanks for the help and suggestions

I've had problems installing some extensions on Palemoon (because it uses it's own version numbers, etc and extensions will tell you it doesn't support that version of Firefox). I haven't used it in a very long time so I don't know if that problem is still there. If you have any such problems, I would recommend Cyberfox since it not only uses the same version of gecko engine as Firefox stable builds, but also the same version number.

http://cyberfox.8pecxstudios.com/

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I use old utorrent 2.2.1. the old utorrent is clean. new ones aren't. Do not use newer versions of utorrent. Ever.
I am using the newer versions of utorrent, what's wrong with them? I don't see any issues with it, I have been using it since the beginning and I think that it has served me well! Correct me if I am wrong.

Caitlin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 17, 2015
@Hanmin147 Alot of trackers blacklist newer versions of Utorrent. They have code thats unfreindly to swarm health and I think some may also have tracking involved.

@OokamiCreed I had no issues finding suitable extensions! I think it's a thing of the past. The only one I had an issue with was omnibar so I got foobar instead. Does the same thing

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
@Hanmin147 Alot of trackers blacklist newer versions of Utorrent. They have code thats unfreindly to swarm health and I think some may also have tracking involved.

Hmm this is news to me, I shall do more research!

Reactions: Caitlin

Caitlin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 17, 2015
I used to use it too. From my post limewire days until had Ubuntu only for awhile and used transmission but then when I went back to windows I remembered my old freind Utorrent....I got Vuze when I started using private trackers and was like "why nobody seeding?!?" and realized it was blacklisted...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.