Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi friends this is a small survey. Well here it begins

> If u are about to buy a new PC, which processor would u go for?

>Try to explain why?

>Some good points to show that one is better than other.

>What problems u had faced with it to the reason u hate it?

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
For desktop/laptops its Intel, Tablets/Smartphones its ARM, for Graphics card its NVIDIA. These are the best in that particular category.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

htp2005

Verified
Nov 21, 2012
my selection intel beaca
- Đỗ that Mát tôi
- This store engrynear
- Đỗ that chung
Giá does not very important because do not have much really differ between Intel and AMD

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
my selection intel beaca
- Đỗ that Mát tôi
- This store engrynear
- Đỗ that chung
Giá does not very important because do not have much really differ between Intel and AMD
Is this English? I really didnt understand what u have said here.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
How good Is AMD A8 (Quad core)?
I already told u Intel beat AMD in becnhmark. So Intel owns AMD but AMD also doing good . AMD FX 8350 is good for you if u wanna play high end games or do multi-task. Cost of AMD fx 8350 is over Rs.12000 in India including vat. Intel core i5-4670k ( 4th generation processor ) price is over Rs.16000 including vat. You can also try i7-3770k cost around Rs.20000. I told u before, it's depend on ur budget. Use a good graphic card & boost it :)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
In the past I only recommended Intel, but with the improvements in AMD, it is just as good and much cheaper than Intel.

Not everyone needs a super fast system and most users can afford them anyway. AMD offers some excellent cheaper options.

I only buy AMD barebones to custom built gaming systems because most customers will not pay the extra price for Intel.

AMD gaming systems can run as as well as Intel based systems, I never have any complaints.

Thanks. :D

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
I prefer AMD. My current PC has an AMD A10 processor, and it's working pretty well. I can even do some video editing work with programs such as Adobe Premiere and After Effects.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
In the past I only recommended Intel, but with the improvements in AMD, it is just as good and much cheaper than Intel.

Not everyone needs a super fast system and most users can afford them anyway. AMD offers some excellent cheaper options.

I only buy AMD barebones to custom built gaming systems because most customers will not pay the extra price for Intel.

AMD gaming systems can run as as well as Intel based systems, I never have any complaints.

Thanks. :D

We use to run a AMD based webserver, and even while Intel is a bit faster the peak performance (burst) of AMD has always outperformed intel by miles.

Most people do not realize this but Intel provides by far the best "continuous" speed but does have problems with zero to 110% burst requests.
While AMD is great at bursting speed and data but does not match the continuous speed that Intel has.

So if you are running a a very demanding program which requires high image and lots of data then Intel is the right CPU for you.
However if you are a gamer and you are playing high intensity games with lots of 3D and shadows then AMD runs holahoops around Intel.

That being said Intel is the best CPU and AMD is the second best, fact is that both have some specific abilities that crown them number 1 in their own fields.

Another great thing about AMD is that they can be tuned to a point where Intel would give up.
But i think that a CPU choice is like choosing cars, the latest generation of chipsets, mobo's videocard and their CPU support is so good that it really does not matter if your cores are AMD or Intel.

J

joeha67

I run a AMD HDT45TWFGRBOX Phenom II X6 1045T Processor - Six Core, 6MB L3 Cache, 3MB L2 Cache, 2.70GHz, Socket AM3
2x Corsair CMX4GX3M1A1333C9 XMS3 4GB DDR3 RAM - PC10666, 1333MHz, 4096MB total 8 gigs
EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 01G-P3-1556-KR Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0(x16),
with battlefield 4 set on high graphics
with no problem at all so I say amd

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.