New Update Introducing Norton Driver Updater!

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
We are excited to introduce the brand-new Norton Driver Updater!

Norton Driver Updater is a performance tool from Norton that helps keep your Windows PC and its peripherals run smoothly. It helps reduce crashes, freezes, and blue screens problems in your Windows computer and also helps eliminate security vulnerabilities.

Norton Driver Updater automatically detects outdated, corrupt, vulnerable, or missing drivers and updates them to fix bugs and vulnerabilities. It can back up and restore current drivers in the case of any issues. You can download from a database of more than 50 million malware-free drivers to help PC graphics, devices, audio, network, and other components perform better.

Picture%201.jpg

Picture%202.jpg

1. What are the Key Features of Norton Driver Update?

• Automatic Scans for Outdated Drivers - Get the latest drivers ready to install
    Be notified of updates for outdated, corrupted, or vulnerable drivers and install them with a few clicks. An automatic scan regularly checks your Windows PC against a database of more than 50 million verified drivers and recommends the most stable driver versions.
  • Vulnerable Driver Identification - Enhance the protection of your Windows PC with safer drivers
    Drivers, like any software, can contain security gaps that cybercriminals try to exploit to access your PC. Be informed of detected vulnerable drivers so you can immediately update and close security holes.
  • Malware Check - Install all drivers from a malware-free database
    All the drivers in our database are scanned with our antivirus technology. This makes Norton Driver Updater one of the safest ways to update your drivers.
  • Compatibility Check - Bolster smooth Windows PC performance with the most suitable drivers
    Each PC can have its own unique mix of software and hardware. Get the optimal match thanks to drivers recommended based on the version of the operating system and your particular PC configuration.
  • Driver Backup and Revert - Become confident about updating drivers
    Don’t worry about possible driver glitches or performance decrease after an update. You can always switch back to any previously installed version. The troubleshooting assistant helps you quickly identify and reverse a problematic update.

image003_11.png

image004_7.png

How do I download and install Norton Driver Updater?

If your subscription plan includes Norton Driver Updater entitlement, you can download and install Norton Driver Updater from your Norton account. For detailed instructions, see Download and install Norton Driver Updater KB article.

Source: Introducing Norton Driver Updater!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
In general I am very much against these doohickeys like driver updaters, registry cleaners, tuneups and other. Even more so when they wanna charge for them.

For updating drivers, majority of OEMs have their own utilities and Intel, Nvidia, AMD offer updaters as well. For cleaning, windows offers built-in tools. Registry cleaners have 0 benefit in terms of performance and stability.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

When the HP health/driver updater license of my wife's HP laptop needed to be renewed (paid), I made a image backup and spent a Saturday afternoon by disabling and removing hardware drivers one by one, reboot and update windows. After 2 hours all drivers were Microsoft (co-) signed and two Micosoft Defender device protections were enabled (memory integrity and memory access protection) which were switched of before,

I would therefor up vote @Trident advice to stay away from this type of programs and limit it even further: Better stick to Microsoft provided drivers, you may loose on performance, but gain in security.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Its just Avast AVG Driver Updater with a new name and look, hard pass
Standalone NDU costs $60 per year, or users pay these cybersecurity companies higher paid tiers for these unnecessary features to be included because they think it’s value for money.

Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 14.45.00.png
Renewal Prices: may be higher than the price for the initial term and are subject to change. Renewal prices can be found here. For annual subscriptions, they are charged up to 35 days before the subscription is due to renew, and we send you a notification email with the renewal price before. - Source

• Applause
Reactions: I Walk MY Way

I Walk MY Way

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 27, 2013
At best these type of programs are hit and miss and a worst total snake oil, There is Plenty of information on the internet About the experiences people have with these type of programs And most of it not good:rolleyes:

• Hundred Points
Reactions: vtqhtr413

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
At best these type of programs are hit and miss and a worst total snake oil, There is Plenty of information on the internet About the experiences people have with these type of programs And most of it not good:rolleyes:
Thanks for covering that. Funny thing is I still have the msi for Registry Mechanic. No I dont use it but I do remember it was the "best". LOL
1689528171033.png

Then there was Pareto Logic (Based In Vancouver and shut down for malpractice) They made XoftSpy
1689528263092.png

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

I have always installed/updated drivers manually by searching the manufactures website and downloading, and usually disabling the internet during transition to avoid windows "microsoft" interference. This goes without saying for drivers, bios ect. I even performed clean installs of windows when its time for a new version as opposed to upgrades. I would not trust microsoft to get it right, let alone any of these other applications.

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.