Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
New LastPass Business Model - BLOG.LASTPASS.COM

We’re excited to announce that new users can get started with LastPass for free, on any device, including mobile devices! You can then upgrade to LastPass Premium to enjoy unlimited sync across all your devices.

Now, if you get started with LastPass on your Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone, you’ll have completely free access from your smartphone, and can even sync across smartphones for free. The same is true for tablets, if that’s where you get started.

For existing users:

Current free and Premium users can continue using LastPass without any changes, while new LastPass users can choose where they want to get started for free.

The new model:

LastPass Free
Enjoy LastPass for free on unlimited desktops OR unlimited smartphones OR unlimited tablets – wherever you get started.

LastPass Premium
To get the most out of your password manager, go Premium for unlimited sync across all devices. With Premium, you have access to a Shared Folder to conveniently share passwords with others. Also, add another layer of protection with Premium multifactor options, and get priority customer support.​

Good to know:

If you get started on your mobile device and then want to try out LastPass on your desktop, you can activate your free 14-day trial of the Premium service.

---

Enter your view on Poll, or comment below.

D

Deleted member 2913

If I understand correctly...now LP is unlimited free on any device you start with i.e if you start with LP on smart phone then LP on desktop or other devices will not be free. Similarly if you start with LP on desktop then LP on smart phone & other devices will not be free, etc..., m I right?

If I am right & current LP desktop free users wants to shift to LP smart phone free, could this be done?

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @yesnoo. After reading on this thread, I went to the Google Play App store after which I'd found your concern addressed on the LastPass blog. If you would like to switch over from desktop, & thus import all your info over to your mobile device, you can get in touch with the LastPass team here:
They will review your account status, and help you with the transition.

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy and Ink

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So I understood the 1st post correctly, right?
Yes, for New Users only.

Existing users are not affected, if you use LastPass Free, you need Premium for mobile.

D

Deleted member 2913

Yes, for New Users only.

Existing users are not affected, if you use LastPass Free, you need Premium for mobile.
Just to confirm...
So if you start with LP on desktop then mobile will be premium.
And if you start with LP on mobile then desktop will be premium.
Am I right?

So in a way now LP is unlimited free on any devices...you just needs to use different accounts.
Yeah, sync/etc.. will not be there...but you can use LP unlimited free on any devices with different accounts.
Am I right?

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@yesnoo Yes, but for New users only. The starting device's platform (mobile vs desktop) will be free, under the new model.

You could, but you will not gain benefit from the Premium features:
  • Unlimited sync across all devices
  • Shared Folder
  • Multi-factor authentication options
  • Priority customer support
For $12 per year, it's cheaper than other paid options.

Reactions: Exterminator
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.