Is Advanced SystemCare 8 Pro worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshay1189

Level 3
Verified
Dec 6, 2013
IObit Advanced SystemCare 8 Free can breathe new life into a poky PC, but it's not quite as potent as competing tune-up utilities.

If you use Advanced SystemCare PRO 8's recommended download settings, it will modify your personal settings and internet search.

Not configured for maximum protection by default. Some components install as free editions and nag for payment. No independent lab-test data available.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
IObit Advanced SystemCare 8 Free can breathe new life into a poky PC, but it's not quite as potent as competing tune-up utilities.

If you use Advanced SystemCare PRO 8's recommended download settings, it will modify your personal settings and internet search.

Not configured for maximum protection by default. Some components install as free editions and nag for payment. No independent lab-test data available.
So I prefer not to use it.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
As of now, native Windows tools are enough. PLUS CCleaner Enhanced, and a good defragmenter like Puran, PerfectDisk or Auslogics.

Actually I am now using Ashampoo WinOptimizer 11, and no real big help. Its LiveTuner is just a foreground app booster.

Reactions: Deleted member 178

jadequest99

Level 3
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
*Knock on wood* , I have had nothing but good experience with IObit ASC versions 6 and 8. Free and Pro versions, on three different PC's.

There's giveaways often on this software. So it is something to consider for a medium computer knowledge user like myself, basic and advanced probably should skip it.

The ASC Pro helped my start up time improve, things are a bit FASTER not slower. So it's all depending on hardware I guess if will work good or not. If you have Windows 8 or newer, there's no real point, your hardware is new and stable, and probably wont need any tune ups or help.

The tweaks and options seem to agree with my Windows XP, and maybe would also on Vista and 7?

I won't fix registry or drivers with this program though, even if there's a good backup feature. I really like ASC but don't use every function like ''Performance Monitor'', "Auto Care" and "Live Update" etc... I disable these extras and use the ones I want and can be in control of. I do use Homepage and Surfing Protection and System Reinforce etc.

There's also a Privacy cleaner which cleans privacy risks when you close the browser. I just let CCleaner do that one for me, when I delete cookies/cache/junk for the day.
I've also had good experiences with ASC Pro 8 , but I do think it uses a lot of system resources as System Mechanic (free or Pro versions) does there are like you mentioned many options not necessary to activate so your more in control, good comments overall.;)

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Its better to be infected with ransomware than using ASC.

Ha! :p

In all honesty though... NO WAY! ransomware digs deep into the works and really can mess up the firewall, windows registry etc.

@ akshay.
ASC can be used and uninstalled, without too much problem besides "stuff" left behind.
BUT...
Is ASC a good security option on any engines terms... NO WAY!

If you have a new computer or semi-new, and lots of RAM and CPU power... you don't need system optimizer programs like (ASC) at all :)

...If your machine is old (Pre-2008), sluggish, and you have an Image "backup" handy.. why not try ASC? I used it, on an OLD PC and it did help... and the RAM auto-fix worked awesome, less freezes and boot up was quicker too. I can't imagine it helping good spec PC/Laptop though, besides making it too fast or unstable.
~NEVER TOUCH THE REGISTRY CLEANER ON IOBIT~
I've only cleaned Reg using CCleaner / Wise Care, cause they have good reputation and backups work.... don't trust others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasudev and frogboy

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Reg cleaner especially their deep clean, destroys entire database than solving it. @JakeXPMan : Why don't you try simple system tweaker, its better than iobit's. As for reg cleaner(Not recommended for beginners/novice) use ccleaner.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@advanced_skill: I would like to add my input besides on others reply, actually the AV component from ASC Pro is only partial in the sense can detect minimal detection + the product is focus on being optimizer/cleaning tool which until now some features were prone on issues.

As other said, go to the alternatives but if insist then use only the cleaner feature. ;)

KokoKid

Level 4
Verified
Sep 27, 2015
I've used ASC8, well it slowed down my PC by a lot. FPS Spikes in gaming. Slower boot time. Every day I found find more and more issues with my PC. Uninstalled it and went with CCleaner.

One scam uses by ASC are going into tools and clicking on something. It would download that thing and install other crap you don't want, like Malware Fighter 3 or Game Optimizer. Not worth it. Default settings would cause browser high jack.

Add on top of IOBIT stealing malware bytes database a while back.... That closes the door to IOBIT ;)

Reactions: frogboy and Vasudev

Kaffee4Eck

Level 1
Verified
Dec 6, 2015
You will do more harm than good to your Windows. Since windows 7 "I really wrote it yes" it isnt necessary to use registry cleaners. :)

Windows handle their hives better than ever and just load stuff from the registry which is needed. Unneeded stuff wont get load at all. :)

Reactions: frogboy

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I think its best to close this thread and flag ASC as "Unneeded App" or "Not Recommended" warning.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Vasudev: Iobit still considered to be 'reputated' company even though there are many issues around, despite that certain features from ASC may work well on majority of productive system however better conduct a backup when using the possible registry cleaner and defragmentation.

So at the end of the day, ASC can be use by any users but should take care for possible issues; my experience for numerous years never encounter those deadly scenarios.

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.