Advice Request Is there any conflict with Avast Free and Comodo Firewall?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
I want to use avast free av with comodo firewall. Will behaviour shield of avast conflict with comodo firewall at cruelsister's settings on windows 10?

Which would be better for performance,avast or wd?
How is this setup of using wd/avast free with kaspersky anti ransomware tool for business.
When answering my query,please kep in mind i want the setup for normal users like my friends who don't have any technical knowledge nor they can bear their apps and games getting blocked.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Conflict between Avast's Behaviour Shield and Comodo Firewall had been fixed in version 17.2.2288 (see release history). Since you've said that you want antivirus for which you don't have to have techincal knowledge, I'd recommend Bitdefender Free. It's light on RAM & CPU and it doesn't have any advanced settings but still offers very good protection. You just need to install it, create Bitdefender account and then sign in inside program, that's it.

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
Conflict between Avast's Behaviour Shield and Comodo Firewall had been fixed in version 17.2.2288 (see release history). Since you've said that you want antivirus for which you don't have to have techincal knowledge, I'd recommend Bitdefender Free. It's light on RAM & CPU and it doesn't have any advanced settings but still offers very good protection. You just need to install it, create Bitdefender account and then sign in inside program, that's it.
How about just default windows defender. Could it be recommended?

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
Maybe avast+voodoshield is a easy setup for your friend.
I don't want voodooshield.
Just helm me making a choice between cfw and kart for second layer of defense and between avast and wd for primary av.

Reactions: AtlBo

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Both Avast and Windows Defender are fully compatible with Comodo Firewall.
It's up to you if you install Avast's behaviour shield or not. Personally I would do so in case you run into malware that somehow evades Comodo's sandboxing (incredibly slim chance but a chance nonetheless).

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
Both Avast and Windows Defender are fully compatible with Comodo Firewall.
It's up to you if you install Avast's behaviour shield or not. Personally I would do so in case you run into malware that somehow evades Comodo's sandboxing (incredibly slim chance but a chance nonetheless).
By using this setup,avast with comodo firewall,of course,would i not need a system image backup solution as i don't want to use such product.
and is this setup light on resources?

Hector1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
By using this setup,avast with comodo firewall,of course,would i not need a system image backup solution as i don't want to use such product.
and is this setup light on resources?
Very light. System image is good to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.