J.adeniken's Config

j.adeniken

Thread author
Apr 14, 2015
I sometimes have a problem with blue screen on my Acer Aspire 5742. When I checked the error on the internet it says that the problem is probably with the audio or chipset drivers on my laptop. I have scanned many times for malware and have updated any out of date hardware drivers. Is there any fix all solution out there?

hacheafleur

Level 1
Apr 14, 2015
Hi, j.adeniken and you're welcome

sorry my poor English
I do not know if I have the right to intervene if the modo willing.

Now you can download whocrashed.
  • whocrashedSetup.exe .....run as administrator
  • If it offers you to download a missing module accepts.
  • WhoCrashed launches automatically at the end of the installation, otherwise launches by the icon located on your desktop
  • Click the Analyze button
towards the end of the analysis shall communicate the report Crash Dump Analysis under the headings and Conclusion

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I might consider Panda 2015 & Webroot for your real time protection
I would consider dumping IObit Malware fighter and considering one or two more on demand scanners such as Malwarebytes Antimalware,Hitman Pro,Emsisoft Emergencey Kit,ESET Online Scanner,etc.
I would use IObit ASC for system & Privacy maintenance but Personally CCleaner or Privazer is enough
Consider adding uBlock & Https Everywhere in FF and Chrome.
You have quite an impressive array of installed software.I think you could lighten the load a bit especially some of the 3 versions of Ashampoo software.
Thanks for sharing your config!!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Suggestions:

You don't need a lot of optimization/cleaning tools. (Remove win optimizer 15, auslogics boostspeed 6, iobit driver booster 2.2)

Remove Iobit Malware Fighter since you have Webroot and Panda 2015? You mean Panda ActiveScan? If you have good 24/7 internet connection then Panda Cloud Antivirus Free should be fine for you.

If the BSOD contains problem to the chipset drivers then likely you need to update it: (If I'm not mistaken that laptop contains Intel Processor)

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

Reactions: frogboy
H

hjlbx

You have a huge amount of software installed. WIth that number of different apps it exponentially increases the likelihood of compatibility and system issues - case in point, a BSOD.

It is best to pay attention to the BSOD message as WhoCrashed will not always be correct in identifying the cause of a system crash.

Even if you have memory dumps for all your open apps at the time a BSOD occurs - there are so many - that you would have to submit one to every software vendor. That's a time consuming task...

Pay attention to which applications are running when a BSOD occurs. This might help you isolate the issue.

If your system is AMD, there is a long-standing issue with Firefox while watching on-line videos inside the browser.

You're heavy on the video app side... hope you have a higher-end processor.

I know it's frustrating.

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Too much crap / overlapping software installed. Either you have a lot of money, lucky in giveaways or pirated software.

"Real-Time Protection: iobit Advanced system care pro 8, Webroot
On-demand Scanners: Panda 2015, Webroot, SecureAPlus, iobit malware fighter 3"​

I recommend simplifying your security apps, by uninstalling Advanced SystemCare Pro, Panda 2015, IObit Malware Fighter 3.

Real-Time Protection: Webroot SecureAnywhere, SecureAPlus
On-demand Scanners: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free​

Keep all software updated, including Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. Remove any bloatware that came preinstalled with your PC, or any software that you no longer use. Check Windows Updates for any Important or Crucial updates.

Webroot may already provide protection against man-in-the-middle attacks, and therefore I have not recommended HitmanPro Alert for you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.