Advice Request K7 Total Security (Powered By MAT)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Here some news:
View attachment 270935View attachment 270933View attachment 270934

Video recording did not work for me unfortunately.
However, it seems they instantly forwarded the files to their team, which added signatures (bravo, that's not the solution I was looking for).

Best news: As I booted up my machine tonight, I found my K7 MAT license deactivated out of sudden (working great 24h before). Seems they answered my refund request, but I did not get any confirmation (as stated here: https://www.k7computing.com/us/refund-cancellation-policy - "Upon receipt of above information, we will evaluate and process a refund by deducting the transaction fee from the original invoice value.") nor a refund yet.

I will update you as soon as I got a refund.

Decide on your own what you think about such behaviour.
When they released their so called MAT version & I posted it on this forum. Then after many contraductory reply received from K7, I started use of ESET Internet Security & I'm fully satisfied with it.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Best news: As I booted up my machine tonight, I found my K7 MAT license deactivated out of sudden (working great 24h before). Seems they answered my refund request, but I did not get any confirmation (as stated here: https://www.k7computing.com/us/refund-cancellation-policy - "Upon receipt of above information, we will evaluate and process a refund by deducting the transaction fee from the original invoice value.") nor a refund yet.
When they refunded me recently, I also did not get any email notification.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
It appeared they had ignored my refund request. But when I used their online chat a few days ago, they said I had already been refunded and soon after that I received it.
+1
Apart from above mails, haven’t received any information on refund since my first contact.
Yesterday the person I had contact with told me refund can take up to 7 workdays.
Maybe I‘m to picky when it comes to information transfer…

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
I'm running K7 TS 17.0.0962, with MAT.

=>QUESTION: How do I disable (turn off) the firewall?

PS-- I used to have a way to do this but that way is no longer available. 😖

Reactions: vonvon

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
It worked splendidly -- VERY light on your computer system, fairly granular settings, speedy scans. Overall, it's a very adequate antivirus app and has a LOW price.

The only downside is that its firewall CANNOT be disabled, in case you want to run a different firewall.
They redesigned their website product page & claimed that Antivirus Premium also have AI powered protection ( MAT )

https://www.k7computing.com/in/home-users/antivirus-premium

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
I wonder if K7 developers have finally made MAT available to existing subscribers? If not, they are being "penny-wise & pound foolish." To wit, you don't keep MY subscription if you are unfairly tight-fisted with existing customers.

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I just talked to K7 again via their online chat and they said that it's possible that existing users won't get an upgrade to the MAT version. At the moment, there is no timeframe for that happening, if it ever does. So, you have to purchase a new license to get the MAT version. This is what I just did, as after I updated K7, I was given the option to buy a 1 year Total Security license very cheaply. It cost around $9 US.

If you want to try the MAT version, this is the download link for Ultimate Security.
https://apps1.k7computing.com/Tools/K7us/MAT/setup-eng-us.exe
To use it, if you click on activate, you will be given the option to start a trial.

@bellgamin If you click on Protection Settings in the top right corner of the UI and then click on the downwards arrow at the end of Firewall Protection, you can turn various firewall settings on and off. This may be what you were looking for.

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
Not yet, I've still got the old version.
The old version let me disable the firewall (FW) component. The new version doesn't. I would gladly sacrifice the invisible MAT for a visible ability to disable the blinking FW.

They promised to include MAT on existing subscriptions. Shame on them for dragging their feet in doing so! 😖
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While I was writing this comment, you posted #113 above. If (I say "if") your new -to-me fix will make the FW inactive I wonder if their support staff knows. Or maybe they do know but didn't want to spend time answering my support request. Hu nose?

I *might* give K7TS another try, depending on how Shadowra's Panda Complete test goes. Or maybe I'll go back to big, fat G-data.

Talk about support! After I installed G-Data, I sent their support a routine query. Within 15 minutes I got a VERY helpful reply. Plus it included effusive welcomes for using their AV. Great support! K7 should emulate.

Last edited:

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
I just talked to K7 again via their online chat and they said that it's possible that existing users won't get an upgrade to the MAT version. At the moment, there is no timeframe for that happening, if it ever does. So, you have to purchase a new license to get the MAT version. This is what I just did, as after I updated K7, I was given the option to buy a 1 year Total Security license very cheaply. It cost around $9 US.

If you want to try the MAT version, this is the download link for Ultimate Security.
https://apps1.k7computing.com/Tools/K7us/MAT/setup-eng-us.exe
To use it, if you click on activate, you will be given the option to start a trial.

@bellgamin If you click on Protection Settings in the top right corner of the UI and then click on the downwards arrow at the end of Firewall Protection, you can turn various firewall settings on and off. This may be what you were looking for.
There is no down arrow at the end of Firewall Protection. See screenie below. Uh.. maybe you have a different K7TS than mine.

There is an up arrow at the end of Firewall so I clicked on that. This gave me the screenie below, with settings tabs but NO ability to disable the FW altogether. So -- until I find a way to run K7 minus its FW, K7 is pretty much off the table for now.
ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 03 11.30.gif

ScreenHunter_02 Jan. 03 11.33.gif

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
@bellgamin I have just confirmed that there now is a MAT version of Antivirus Premium, as I was able to download the installer for it. This is the download link.
https://apps1.k7computing.com/Tools/K7avprm/MAT/setup-eng-avp.exe
Perhaps if you contact their support they will be able to change your license to one for AV Premium, so you don't have the firewall.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
@bellgamin I have just confirmed that there now is a MAT version of Antivirus Premium, as I was able to download the installer for it. This is the download link.
https://apps1.k7computing.com/Tools/K7avprm/MAT/setup-eng-avp.exe
Perhaps if you contact their support they will be able to change your license to one for AV Premium, so you don't have the firewall.
Hello, have you tested it? How good it's protection? Any advance level of protection ?

Reactions: vonvon

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
@roger_m -- thanks for the update. I am VERY pleased that K7 has kept it promise to existing users. It took them a good while to do it but -- water under the bridge, wot?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@anirbandutta01 -- I have not tested K7 Total Security. I am unqualified to test AVs so I am wise enough to refrain from doing so. 😊 There are recent large scale AV tests of K7 & other AVs HERE & HERE, as conducted by two different testing labs. K7 did well on both.

K7 is very VERY light on a computer's system. It is a good AV but NOT the best one out there. If you are a high-risk user, you should probably opt for something like ESET or BitDefender as your AV.

Last edited:

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
@roger_m -- thanks for the update. I am VERY pleased that K7 has kept it promise to existing users. I too the a good while to do it but -- water under the bridge, wot?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@anirbandutta01 -- I have not tested K7 Total Security. I am unqualified to test AVs so I am wise enough to refrain from doing so. 😊 There are recent large scale AV tests of K7 & other AVs HERE & HERE, as conducted by two different testing labs. K7 did well on both.

K7 is very VERY light on a computer's system. It is a good AV but NOT the best one out there. If you are a high-risk user, you should probably opt for something like ESET or BitDefender as your AV.
Yes currently I'm using ESET, I used K7 before....

Reactions: vonvon and roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.