Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Kudos to Kaspersky for informing the public of this attack, I think most companies would just want to hide this away in fears that customers would leave due to the risks of the hackers. As for the hackers, I think they made a big mistake taking on a security giant like Kaspersky, would love to see how they are going to deal with future threats.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I just thought I'd come in here, it's probably the United States, but Kaspersky will never name the nation state behind such an attack, more than they'd dare do. And that's the issue, us mere mortals don't stand a chance. George W. Bush practically admitted to Stuxnet and told Obama to carry on with these cyber attacks. And really we, normal people hit by viruses/ransomware are not on any states priority list, so the Government doesn't care, now nuclear weapons and the possibility of an attack is.

Last edited:
R

rocky

I just thought I'd come in here, it's probably the United States, but Kaspersky will never name the nation state behind such an attack, more than they'd dare do. And that's the issue, us mere mortals don't stand a chance. George W. Bush practically admitted to Stuxnet and told Obama to carry on with these cyber attacks. And really we, normal people hit by viruses/ransomware are not on any states priority list, so the Government doesn't care, now nuclear weapons and the possibility of an attack is.

I feel I need to respond to this. But all I can do is sadly shake my head.

Reactions: Ink

Entreri

Level 7
Verified
May 25, 2015
Apparently once they had their new tool it found the malware and they studied it very extensively.

So this is very new malware by a well funded nation state, unlike previous which has been around for many years, gone undetected.

It was only a matter of time, given the great apptitude Kaspersky has for finding state sponsored super stealthy cyber weapons. They just blew their load, this will only make Kaspersky even better at finding this type of malware.

Reactions: Tony Cole
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.