Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
I don't understand why there is such a rush to release new versions? They should be thinking about finally making a lightweight protection and filtering out the many, many bugs. This is not the right direction and I don't like it. 21.17, for example, is not a well done product.

micasayyo

Level 3
Jan 31, 2022
I don't understand why there is such a rush to release new versions? They should be thinking about finally making a lightweight protection and filtering out the many, many bugs. This is not the right direction and I don't like it. 21.17, for example, is not a well done product.
I think the same, version 21.17 has some errors that have not been fixed at the moment, such as the VPN issue of the Opera browser that does not work with Kaspersky 21.17(@harlan4096 gave me a temporary solution)

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
I think the same, version 21.17 has some errors that have not been fixed at the moment, such as the VPN issue of the Opera browser that does not work with Kaspersky 21.17(@harlan4096 gave me a temporary solution)
Yes, this is a very annoying problem. I don't understand why it hasn't been properly tested?
I don't like the Kaspersky rush. I have been using them since 2004 and I really like them. But what I don't like is that to this day they are a monstrosity. It gets into your system and is not a lightweight product. But with a little attention it could be solved. If I were them, I would pay attention to this, a lot! That's why many people don't like them and don't use them. I also do not understand why Kaspersky Antivirus was taken out of the portfolio? For me it was perfectly adequate and enough. It would be nice if they brought it back, because I don't like Free products packed with advertising. I want Kaspersky Antivirus, but not free, but in a paid edition.:cool:

Pilot777

Level 1
Apr 25, 2022
I absolutely agree. 21.17 is inferiour to 21.16, 'cause it has bugs that 21.16 doesn't have. I think, if they keep doing it like this, they just might drop out of the competition for good...

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

Pilot777

Level 1
Apr 25, 2022
Anyways...It IS quite ridiculous that they keep pushing out ever new sub-versions of the 21-edition product at a high pace, and yet, they end up breaking things such as VPN add-ons. Very dissapointing, this is...

Reactions: micasayyo

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
That's cool. So, they're moving the problem on to the next version.
Shouldn't we tell them to stop and do a normal program for once?
But I can see they don't like to write that down, because some people have been banned for that.

Reactions: micasayyo

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
I don't know of any case where a user has been banned for that...
Then they deleted the post. I am also a member of that forum and have seen it. It would be nice if Kaspersky would listen to the users and make an easy product. I understand the need for continuous improvement, but quality is more important.

Reactions: Dimitriss

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.