App Review Kaspersky vs Bitdefender 2016 | The Rematch | Best Antivirus?

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
D

Deleted member 2913

Clean video & good test.

But after context menu scan only 3 samples were left to execute for both Bd & Kas.
If he would have collected few more samples would have been better test/fight between the 2.

I think real world scenario i.e url test Norton Security is better than both.
Would like to see Norton v/s Bd v/s Kas or Norton v/s Bd or Kas.

Reactions: Jrs30 and Venustus

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
Tested KIS yesterday and in the first 24 hours on a fresh image install I had bugs with it... Was strange the trial forfeited itself in 23 hours for absolutely no reason. Strange bug there. I seem to find bugs in these suites everytime I install one including BD2016 it has alot of the same bugs from 2015. After the second reimage of a clean updated win10 on my wife's laptop it seems to be working fine but yeah like I said these suites seem to always have problems. I'm like a magnet with bugs in SW :D
@hjlbx very true, I've been testing comodo for a few months also as you know and its got alot of bugs as well... In some cases driving me nuts.

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

Tested KIS yesterday and in the first 24 hours on a fresh image install I had bugs with it... Was strange the trial forfeited itself in 23 hours for absolutely no reason. Strange bug there. I seem to find bugs in these suites everytime I install one including BD2016 it has alot of the same bugs from 2015.

If security soft suites were rated by bugginess, then Bitdefender and COMODO would fight for the bottom spot - with Kaspersky next.

D

Deleted member 2913

It would have been more interesting also to see a deeper zero-day test, by disabiling the signatures in both products
Yeah just 3 samples were left for execution...zeroday test was zero here.

No offense to tester here, I very well know the hard work & time. I just mean a good zeroday fight was not there.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Ha mentioned that the kaspersky system was a bit slower when scanning than the Bitdefender one.. Anyone who is using kaspersky is noticing this fact?

Reactions: catjc
D

Deleted member 2913

Ha mentioned that the kaspersky system was a bit slower when scanning than the Bitdefender one.. Anyone who is using kaspersky is noticing this fact?
I think he also mentioned coz Kaspersky uses more resources on scanning compared to Bitdefender.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Only application that can fight comodo in bugs is bitdefender but they don't even come close. Comodo owns it as the most buggy thing. As for protection they are both solid if you have the holy grail of not bug affected system. About kaspersky i can't complain about bugs. Maybe a bit heavy.
But anw thanks for the test, expected it to be close.

Reactions: catjc
H

hjlbx

@yesnoo - I was not ignoring you. I just deferred to @harlan4096 since he is Kaspersky expert. I am Kaspersky home amateur.

By the way, what you are experiencing is the reason I do not use nor recommend Enterprise softs for home use - configuration can be a long term, arduous affair and require on-going admin - dependent upon Enterprise solution employed.

I certainly am not criticizing your choice in any way - so please don't get the wrong impression.

I just will say this... it would be much, much, much more simple if you recommended AppGuard in Protected (Medium) mode and taught your friends\relatives how to use it.

Even with Kaspersky Enterprise installed I would certainly install AppGuard... LOL.

D

Deleted member 2913

@yesnoo - I was not ignoring you. I just deferred to @harlan4096 since he is Kaspersky expert. I am Kaspersky home amateur.

By the way, what you are experiencing is the reason I do not use nor recommend Enterprise softs for home use - configuration can be a long term, arduous affair and require on-going admin - dependent upon Enterprise solution employed.

I certainly am not criticizing your choice in any way - so please don't get the wrong impression.

I just will say this... it would be much, much, much more simple if you recommended AppGuard in Protected (Medium) mode and taught your friends\relatives how to use it.

Even with Kaspersky Enterprise installed I would certainly install AppGuard... LOL.
I know you man. I have requested you many info through PM too & you have always given me all the info.

As for KES I am set now. Initially with little research & help from you guys here I was able to decide what to install & not. And now with you guys help I have set the options, etc... got to know the modules working way, etc... So now no prob, I will manage it or else you guys are here.

And we are fairly safe browsing users & backup is there too so KES is strong & sufficient.

Thanxx for your time & support as always man.

Reactions: harlan4096

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Concerning bugs in BD,there is one that has yet to be fixed!!:rolleyes:
The "Fin_Wait2" bug where the connection is not closed ,for example viewing a youtube video,and then closing the browser,the connection remains open!
Bitdefender Net Usage - Bitdefender Forum

H

hjlbx

The "Fin_Wait2" bug where the connection is not closed ,for example viewing a youtube video,and then closing the browser,the connection remains open!

It takes Bitdefender developers a long time to fix many reported bugs. There are some bugs that have persisted for years with no fix. This is nothing new and should be expected when using Bitdefender.

Too bad for user that doesn't know any better...

Reactions: Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
It takes Bitdefender developers a long time to fix many reported bugs. There are some bugs that have persisted for years with no fix. This is nothing new and should be expected when using Bitdefender.

Too bad for user that doesn't know any better...
Indeed!!
Great engine,poorly implemented modules and bugs!!

D

Deleted member 2913

This bug is still not fixed...damn shame Bitdefender.

I came to know this bug when I was using Bd free & visited the forum. Then I got to know its an age old bug.

Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.