Mini Spy

Latest Threads

1. Warning Welcome to MalwareTips.com, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn about PC security and computers.
    As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but you can not create new threads or reply to an existing one unless you are a registered member. By joining our free community you will have access to post threads, start private conversations with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features.
    Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join us today!
  2. Emsisoft  Mobile Security GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com: Emsisoft Mobile Security Giveaway

Get a free license key for Emsisoft Mobile Security to protect your Android smartphone. We are giving away Emsisoft Mobile Security license keys for our awesome members!

Get an Emsisoft Mobile Security license key!

3. Zemana AntiLogger Unlimited GiveawayEXCLUSIVE: Zemana AntiLogger Giveaway

Get a free license key for Zemana AntiLogger. We are giving away 300 Zemana AntiLogger license keys for our awesome members!

Get a Zemana AntiLogger license key!

4.  NoVirusThanks EXE GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com : NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro Giveaway

Get a free license key for NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro. We are giving away NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro license keys for our awesome members!

Get a NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro license key!

5. ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com:ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security Giveaway

Get a free license key for ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security. We are giving away ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security license keys for our awesome members!

Get a ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security license key!

6. Tip of the Day Many people think that 'formatting' a hard drive will wipe out all the data so it cannot be recovered
    Not so. To prevent the possibility of future recovery, use a third-party, low-level hard drive formatting tool, such as Killdisk (downloadable at no charge from www.killdisk.com) to overwrite data on the hard drive with a random sequence of 1's and 0's.

KeePass or LastPass

Discussion in 'War Room' started by GA4E1, May 4, 2013.

1. GA4E1

GA4E1 Regular Member

What is the password manager you prefer? KeePass or LastPass?

I have used both but cannot see which one is better. Looking for some opinions.
  2. nishadrox

nishadrox Regular Member

You couldn't see which one is better because they are a little bit different from each other. Lastpass is mostly web based, with browser extensions, while Keepass stores its passwords on the local machine. I think you're better off with Lastpass as it's easier to use and user friendly. I personally use both. See my config.
  3. Huracan

Huracan Administrator Staff Member

I've used both LastPass and KeePass (with Chrome extension), of both LastPass was far more easier to manage and maintain. Whereas KeePass, although it's stored locally it was more challenging to use and constant prompts to allow the extension access to credientials. Of the two, LastPass would get my vote, keep in mind it's web-based so all your credentials are securely storage elsewhere. LastPass is also available for Windows RT.
  4. Littlebits

Littlebits Super Moderator Staff Member

Both will have their advantages and disadvantages.

I prefer LastPass because I can use it on more then one system and have all of my info handy.

If you have more than one system or use more than one system this is a big advantage.

Another advantage since your info is stored on LastPass online servers, if you system got corrupted from malware or failed components you will not loose any of your info.

And still another advantage, since LastPass encrypts your data, if you happened to get infected with a Trojan that steals data, the malware would only be able to get encrypted data which would be useless.

Thanks.:D
  5. jamescv7

jamescv7 Active Member

I've used those both before and everything have primarily in secure the passwords database.

Its your choice and to make it simple as possible here's the difference.

Lastpass stored passwords from the encrypted servers however if no internet connection then you need to have a backup for offline.

While Keepass only for offline database storage.
  6. DrBeenGolfing

DrBeenGolfing

I use LastPass on Opera - no complaints. I use S10 Password Manager on IE10 - microscopic download and memory useage, local disc encription, right click to fill in password on any login.
  7. Huracan

Huracan Administrator Staff Member

Does S10 P/M work with other browsers?
  8. jamescv7

jamescv7 Active Member

S10 password manager or password vault is pretty same for Keepass, no plugins for browsers, light from usage and works well for all browsers.
  9. DrBeenGolfing

DrBeenGolfing

http://www.s10soft.com/passwordvault.htm
    It might, in IE it puts it's autofill in the right click submenu, might do that in other browsers...
  10. Fantasy

Fantasy Active Member

I use both incase something goes wrong.
  11. toffee

toffee Regular Member

I use LastPass on a few devices with cloud sync. It's very comfortable and I can't see any cons.
    I use Sticky Password as well - without sync.