keyvan's Configuration

S

Sr. Normal

Hi @keyvan
You have a strong setup, but I see you have callbacks .
I understand you have many scanners request, but extensions do not understand much.
If you have wot not need any more extensions reputation.
If you have AdGuard not need ublock or Adblock .
I am of the opinion that overloading a browser with extensions that perform the same work , only slows or navigation makes it unsafe
thanks for sharing, very good conf.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Agree with the post above. Good config but rather too many extensions. Also, would recommend McAfee Site Advisor over WOT. WOT has its issues as many companies "setup" dummy users to boost rating and it has been spiraled out of control for years now.
As for torrent client, uTorrent has been known to be rather bloated, perhaps consider using Deluge or qBittorrent, but that is more on a personal level opinion.

Y

yigido

Hello,
My suggestion are
- reduce the extension numbers (delete toolbars, video downloaders, Avast extension etc.)
- uninstall Advanced System Care, you have CCleaner it is enough, ASC can cause many problems on many peoples PC I experienced)

Thanks for sharing

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As said by other members reducing the extensions/addons on the browser will make it better; since TM is already good + built in phishing/malware protection is already engaged in browsers installed.

(WOT +Ublock + TM Toolbar) = already strong web protection. ;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Looks good!!
I am in agreement with suggestions for removing some extensions.
I agree with @yigido on removing ASC.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: keyvan and yigido

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.