Protected by a PIN code
Find my Phone
On
Remote wipe
No
Security & Privacy Apps
ESET Security
Firewall & VPN Apps
Proton VPN with Secure Core, NetShield and Kill Switch (always active)
Browser
DuckDuckGo Browser
Password manager
Bitwarden Premium
Authenticator
Authy
Phone & Caller ID
/
Messaging
Whatsapp, Signal
Music & Podcasts
Spotify
Photo & Video
Adobe Lightroom, Snapseed, FLTR
Entertainment
YouTube and Twitch
Note-taking
Google Workshop Notes
Cloud storage
Google One (200 GB)
Games
/
Android launcher
/
File and Photo backup
Google One
Active subscriptions
    • Google One Standard 200GB
What I'm looking for?

Looking for maximum feedback.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Congratulations on your new Google Pixel 8 Pro! It's great that you're already thinking about setting up a solid mobile security configuration. Here are some recommendations to enhance your security setup:

1. **Enable Device Encryption**: Make sure to enable device encryption on your Google Pixel 8 Pro. This will protect your data in case your device is lost or stolen.

2. **Set Up Screen Lock**: Use a strong screen lock method such as a PIN, password, or pattern. This adds an extra layer of security to your device.

3. **Activate Find My Device**: Enable the Find My Device feature on your Pixel 8 Pro. This will help you locate your device if it's lost or stolen, and you can also remotely lock or erase it if needed.

4. **Keep Software Updated**: Regularly check for software updates on your device and install them promptly. Updates often contain security patches that help protect your device from vulnerabilities.

5. **Use Secure Wi-Fi Networks**: Be cautious when connecting to public Wi-Fi networks. Consider using a VPN to encrypt your internet traffic and protect your data from potential threats on unsecured networks.

6. **Install Apps from Trusted Sources**: Stick to downloading apps from the Google Play Store, as it's a more secure source compared to third-party app stores. Be cautious of granting unnecessary permissions to apps.

7. **Enable Two-Factor Authentication**: Enable two-factor authentication for your Google account and any other accounts that support it. This adds an extra layer of security to your accounts.

8. **Regularly Back Up Your Data**: Set up regular backups of your important data to a secure location, such as Google Drive or a trusted cloud service. This ensures that you can recover your data in case of any issues.

9. **Use a Mobile Security App**: Consider installing a reputable mobile security app from a trusted provider to add an extra layer of protection against malware and other threats.

10. **Review App Permissions**: Periodically review the permissions granted to your installed apps and revoke any permissions that seem unnecessary for the app's functionality.

By following these recommendations, you can strengthen the security of your Google Pixel 8 Pro and reduce the risk of potential security threats. If you have any specific questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

• +Reputation
Reactions: Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Nope. Mainly switched for the camera and now I love the Pixel in general :love:

unnamed.jpg

Apple's crying that you went to Android :p

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I mean the biggest upgrade to the new iPhone was that they finally implemented USB-C. They deserve to cry for this impudence. No more Apple for now. :cool:
Biggest e-waste impact too. Decades of lightning cables in our house are now useless. And now new cables purchased, driving up the cost of the device.

• +Reputation
Reactions: Kongo and oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.