Laptop/Chrome Malware Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callum Alexander

Thread author
Sep 2, 2015
Hi,

This is my first time posting to the forum, so firstly my apologies if i have posted in the wrong area. My friend recommended the forum to try and solve my problem. I have attached the reports from FRST and MalwareBytes.

Furthermore I have screenshots available upon request showing my Task Manager and the problem described below.

My issue appears to be some sort of Virus/Malware/Spyware that affects my Google Chrome and system processing. It started a few days ago when i noticed my laptop running very slow and freezing constantly. I checked my task manager and noticed the CPU and Memory were almost at 100%, due to as many as 15 different processes all related to Chrome without having the browser open.

I'm aware Chrome functions differently with it's processes' compared to other browsers, but after expanding a few of them i noticed some of them were very strange. There were multiple 'New tab' processes, again the browser is unopened on my desktop, but the most concerning ones were named 'video-promo.org'

I have tried to end all the processes' but they quickly start again, I have run various programs that claim to remove and Malware or Spyware but the problem continues. The only thing that seemed to work was when I somehow managed ton uninstall Chrome, the laptop worked fine. However when Chrome was reinstalled the problem started exactly as before.

Following advice on other forums and from friends I've run the following scans to no success: HitmanPro, Chrome CleanUp Tool, CCleaner, ADW Cleaner and MalwareBytes.

I'm stuck with what to do next and any help that you guys can provide will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    49.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Addition.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 1
  • MalwareBytes Log.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.