Leaked Windows 10 Build 10558 has new Leaked Window features that you might actually be interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sinu

Thread author
There are some cosmetic changes here and there, but the addition of new apps -- such as Microsoft Phone -- shows that progress is being made as we move towards Threshold 2. As well as updates to the operating system itself, there are also important changes to Microsoft Edge.

Before you get too excited about updates to Edge, the browser still does not support extensions; you'll just have to wait a little longer for this. But what's new are tab previews allowing you to keep an eye on what's happening in other tabs without actually having to switch to them. Other notable changes include tweaks to the download manager, while developers and the curious also have a dockable Developer Tools window to play with.

In Windows itself, context menus -- which have become a mish-mash of styles in recent times -- have been updated to make them slightly smaller, but it is the addition of new apps (Skype Messaging, Skype Video, and Microsoft Phone) which is perhaps the most interesting aspect of this new build. It demonstrates the importance Microsoft is placing on communication, but also the drive to integrate with Windows 10 on mobile devices.

This build also sees the return of the ability to save apps to SD cards or drives other than the Windows installation partition. While this is not something that everyone will make use of, it will appeal to tablet users. Enterprise users now have access to the Spotlight feature. Other changes include a new Registry Editor icon as well as other revamped icons here and there.

xxtoss23

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I do not touch linked builds I do not recommend to download it I wait for official updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.