Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
A Chinese company KingSoft has released a good looking web browser Liebao (Cheetah in Chinese).

New web browser, super fast, super nice to the Associated Kingsoft
Kingsoft, one of the most famous software company Kingsoft Office developed (replacing MS Office), PowerWord (dictionary) and Kingsoft Antivirus etc., tested its own web browser, called Liebao (ie Cheetah is.) Kingsoft's Antivirus technology experts are somehow integrated into the core of Liebao browser. Kingsoft invention known as BIPS (Browser Intrusion Prevention System). In other words, even without anti-virus software running on your system, the browser itself is still capable of eg Anti-Phishing, Anti-Trojan and anti-code injection, etc. The site also says that some parts of the webkit core has been rewritten / improved which makes Liebao three times faster than Chrome.

Cheetah Browser runs in Chinese by default, but deleting the file: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Liebao\x.x.x.x\Locales\zh-CN.pak enables English language.
Download:
http://www.liebao.cn/download.html

Beta:
based on Chromium 39.0.2171.65
http://dl.liebao.cn/kb/KSbrowser_5.2.78.9119.exe

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Hi,

"Cheetah Browser runs in Chinese by default, but deleting the file: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Liebao\x.x.x.x\Locales\zh-CN.pak enables English language."

How would you do the above? In steps,please?

Reactions: TrojanSmart

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
Loved the browser but can you make a international (English) version for it just like the video ;)
Coz that translation method doesnt translate the whole browser and everything in it...

I have also tested the browser speed in peacekeeper by futuremark it is definitely the fastest browser for me..

Last edited:

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
the zh-cn pak cant be deleted , how can i change it to english?
Enter in the address bar
Code:
liebao://safe
Ashampoo_Snap_2014_12_03_10h56m20s_001.jpg
close browser - del zh-cn.pak

mircelus

Dec 30, 2014
Today I installed the latest version.Only zh-CN.pak in Locales folder and I accidentally deleted it.Now gives error at start and write something in Chinese.It is a fast browser with nice UI.Hope for a full English version.Can someone translate it into English?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.