LP BLP Movies Adsstore.Club

cantfixthismalware

Thread author
Jul 24, 2017
Using Kaspersky Total Security 2017. Also ran malware bytes free but it didn't find anything. (currently running a kaspersky scan).

I don't download anything crappy - only have a few extensions in Chrome - adblock and a password manager. etc.

For some reason when I open a tab in Chrome I got this:

Sometimes it changes to another ad on the screen and shows adsstore.club but now it's blpmovies.

I've check registry and programs and malware scans - nothing is returning anything. No idea where this came from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I also read here that hitman pro is a decent add-on to Kaspersky.

Attachments

• appeared-after-deleting-adblock-plus.png
    appeared-after-deleting-adblock-plus.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: SHvFl

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.

x5o4gh.png

• It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

soaddict

Aug 12, 2017
Hi,

I had the same issue and tried a half dozen malware spotting tools as suggested online, including the one suggested above. None of them had any luck detecting the cause, and then i followed a suggestion to disable all Chrome addons.

I only had 2 or 3 extensions, one of which was adblock plus. After disabling them i have not had the lp blp brower tab reappear. That is until i checked the checkbox to enable adblock plus once more today. Clicking it immediately resulted in a new browser tab appearing with the same spammy page.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.