Malicious website that can actually infect a Windows 8 system directly

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Hello!
I am seeking to find any url that can infect a Windows 7/8 system (java installed (latest), javascript enabled, net framework 3,4 installed (no security updates), flash enabled, Adobe pdf reader installed (latest), windows updates not installed) just by visiting the page. I know this is difficult, but can anyone give me a/some link(s) or tell me a way to find?
Any pages that I 've tested, even in real system, not only VM, seem that they are not able to infect the system but they just sit in the browser cache.
Thanks ! :)

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Google Chrome latest version, or firefox. I don't know if there is an easy way to have an outdated chrome version.

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
Then I doubt anybody here can help you. You seem to be looking for a live zeroday exploit, which is very rare and the link will usually be removed by the threat actors when it has been discovered.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Then I doubt anybody here can help you. You seem to be looking for a live zeroday exploit, which is very rare and the link will usually be removed by the threat actors when it has been discovered.
Yes,exactly that.. I don't mind about AV detection, but it must be able to exploit something in order to infect the system.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Sorry I can't help you, I haven't seen any websites that could do this since the days of IE6 on Windows XP without SP1 or SP2.
I don't believe any do exists on modern browsers or modern Windows.

Enjoy!! :D
I believe the same too but I was just curious to test such sample if I could find any. xD.
There was only one time I got infected by a website, one year ago, two times the same problem (before formatting and after formatting). Althogh I am not 100% sure it was sth like that I believe this, as the common action at that time was to visit a grey website and after sometime nearly anything could open, ESET hang, webroot did not detected anything.
The particular website was flag malicious my one or two vendors in viruslist.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.