Malware Found on Computers of Germany’s Space Center, Evidence Points to China

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
According to Der Spiegel, computers used by administrators and scientists have been found to be infected with Trojans and spyware.

The cyberattacks appear to be sophisticated. In some cases, the forensic investigators who have analyzed the infections haven’t found the actual malware because it was programmed to self-destroy as soon as it was discovered. The attacks are said to impact all operating systems used by the DLR.

Evidence indicates that the attacks have been launched from China. The country’s Federal Office for Online Security (BSI) has found Chinese characters in the code of some Trojans. Typos in the code also suggest that the attacker is from the Far East.

However, someone familiar with the investigation has told Der Spiegel that the real attackers might have planted these clues to hide their identity. The United States National Security Agency (NSA) is among the suspects.

Because the center stores information on armament and rocket technologies, the attacks have been catalogued as being extremely serious.

damn Chinese Nazi Space Aliens !! They surely want to retrieve the famous V1 Rocket's blueprints !!!

lrg0455.jpg

:D

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
..Tsk...they grab data they need to develop their own, benefiting from other's brain through hacking and theft from there create their version from what they stole and then call it their own!

Last edited:

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
..Tsk...they haven't got the brains to develop their own but have the brains to hack and steal and create from what they stole and then call it their own!

i won't say that. I would say china will grab any data that they can. Then they will try to enhance it before applying. This is the best way you can understand china. Be very careful before calling them no brainers. But you can call them stealers.

Thus you get 5th generation fighter plane.

They also have developed worlds fastest supercomputer Tiahne-2, that shocked the world.
They don't have time to start from scratch.

Last edited:

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
i won't say that. I would say china will grab any data that they can. Then they will try to enhance it before applying. This is the best way you can understand china. Be very careful before calling them no brainers. But you can call them stealers.

They also have developed worlds fastest supercomputer Tiahne-2, that shocked the world.
India & russia together will build a supercomputer which will be faster then china tiahne-2.

can qihoo 360 will protect in scenario like this? :D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
India & russia together will build a supercomputer which will be faster then china tiahne-2.

can qihoo 360 will protect in scenario like this? :D:D

building supercomputer faster than tiahne-2 won't be easy. China’s showpiece Tianhe-2 computer is almost twice as fast as its nearest rival.

"can qihoo 360 will protect in scenario like this?" i don't understand this question. Clarify.

Last edited:

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
building supercomputer faster than tiahne-2 won't be easy. That would also mean beating other developed countries.

"can qihoo 360 will protect in scenario like this?" i don't understand this question. Clarify.
yes coz it's takes time to develop but it will be develop in future .
India, Russia may build supercomputer to rival China's
and i was asking if qihoo 360 can do anything good against Chinese viruses :)

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012

OK point taken and will recant that part where I said that "haven't got the brxxxs" will edit that to be a milder one. I do have some Chinese friends :) Data grabbers might be the best description. The state of the art fighter jet creation was from the data they stole from Lockheed Martin's F-35 Joint Strike Fighter jet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_F-35_Lightning_II,

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/enemy-of-the-state-the-f-35-cate-blanchett/.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...2c3e1c-c2dd-11e2-8c3b-0b5e9247e8ca_story.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/19/usa-fighter-hacking-idUSL2N0EV0T320130619

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-steal-us-weapons-systems-designs-report-says

Nobody manufactures faster and cheaper than China these days...while there are enormous setbacks plaguing the F35 manufacture, China has it's own stable version now. Something should be done about it.

"They don't have time to start from scratch" because they don't they wait for what they can grab/steal in cyberspace ;)

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
i don't doubt qihoo capability to detect chinese malwares. In test result of malware hub you can see that qihoo does very good.
I also think so, qihoo can detect Chinese known malwares but not the stealth rootkits or trojans specially made by chinese hackers/ agency & government.

Reactions: Venustus

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
I also think so, qihoo can detect Chinese known malwares but not the stealth rootkits or trojans specially made by chinese hackers/ agency & government.

if you can trust russian kaspersky, then you can trust chinese qihoo also.
You can use malwarebytes along with qihoo, so that you won't be left unprotected from malware made by chinese agency & government.

I don't think qihoo would work under some hacker group. They may forced by chinese government to not detect government made malwares. But if there is some chinese government made mawares then the number of those malware would be very less.

Also chinese hackers were able to steal from protected USA computers. So if they can get pass through western security products, then why worry about being infected by malware made by chinese government. After all they can bypass western security products also.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
if you can trust russian kaspersky, then you can trust chinese qihoo also.
You can use malwarebytes along with qihoo, so that you won't be left unprotected from malware made by chinese agency & government.

I don't think qihoo would work under some hacker group. They may forced by chinese government to not detect government made malwares. But if there is some chinese government made mawares then the number of those malware would be very less.

Also chinese hackers were able to steal from protected USA computers. So if they can get pass through western security products, then why worry about being infected by malware made by chinese government. After all they can bypass western security products also.
the stuff u mentioned is already in my arsenal from long time & wut u said i know this already plus i'm not worrying about anything. I always use my commonsense first & second if needed i take decision from my layered security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.