Malware infection, help!

jenna mel

Thread author
Verified
Jan 5, 2014
The system still seems sluggish after normal boot up, maybe it just needs to do some updating, I will start it up again and let it have some time, then check it. Here is the FRST scan.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    39.6 KB · Views: 113

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
PC is clean, but let's make another scan

1. Please download ComboFix by sUBs from here and save it to your Desktop.
If you are unsure how ComboFix works please read this guidehttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix carefully.
Note: ComboFix must be downloaded to your Desktop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program.
If you are unsure how to do this please read http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/how-to-disable-your-security-applications-490111.htmlthis or this Instruction.

Note: Do not forget to turn on this option after the cleaning.

3. Run ComboFix. Click on I Agree!

ComboFix will check if there is a newer version of ComboFix available.
Click Yes if prompted to download.
ComboFix will display DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE.
Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue.
If Recovery Console is not installed, ComboFix will offer download & installation.
Click Yes to allow ComboFix to install Recovery Console.
Note:Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running.
If you see a message like "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion" just restart computer once more.

4. When the tool is finished, it will produce a log report for you. (typical location: C:\ComboFix.txt )
Attach log reports ( ComboFix.txt) back to topic.

jenna mel

Thread author
Verified
Jan 5, 2014
Even though I uninstalled Spybot and AVG the program still said they were running. Here is the file. Thank you.

Attachments

• ComboFix.txt
    28.8 KB · Views: 87

jenna mel

Thread author
Verified
Jan 5, 2014
When I ran Adwcleaner it came up with three issues. After I cleaned these the computer was running better, but still not back to normal. I am thinking about doing a factory reset. What do you advise.

jenna mel

Thread author
Verified
Jan 5, 2014
I ran the Farbar in normal mode, I was wondering if you could check my new scans and see if I am still clean. It looks suspect to me. Thank you for all your help.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    33.1 KB · Views: 112
  • FRST.txt
    60.3 KB · Views: 61

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
As I've already said, PC is clean, no malware.

You can find AVG removal tool here, to clean the remnants --> http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities

After that, install Antivirus by all means.

Spybot is outdate sotware, much better choice for occasional scan is MalwareBytes

We'll now delete used tools and perform some house cleaning:

Please download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp
    files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute
    or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Please download DelFix by "Xplode" to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
  • Remove disinfection tools
  • Create registry backup
  • Purge System Restore

Now click on "Run" button. Wait for the programme completes his work.
All the tools we used should be gone.
Tool will create and open an log report (DelFix.txt)
Note: The report will also be stored on C:\DelFix.txt

> I don't need DelFix log report.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.