Malware limewire security issue

Blazer

Thread author
Apr 11, 2015
Is it possible to download a file on limewire that has a malware virus embedded in the file. Which then uploads your personal files on your computer to the limewire network which makes your personal files in your limewire share folder so the whole network can access your personal files? Is there a malware out there like this and is that likely to happen? I read some articles that said that malware could do this to limewire like it was a common thing? I talked to a malware repairman that loves working on this kind of thing. He said he never has seen this before.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
To clarify Limewire (which is dead already but manage to retain the product which still available) itself as P2P is not a malware, the problem goes is that it contains lots of issues.

1) I've encountered where a music is embedded with Malware and that's the reason where you need to be careful on downloading cause by searching a bunch of result shown.

Its a matter where P2P sources upload those files to trick anyone since names are very identical.

2) Pirated/Counterfeit is another issue where anyone might be infected since its already modified and contains bundled malicious program ready to infect.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.