Not open for further replies.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
I have tried stable v3 on my freshly installed W10 x64 AU and it welcomed me with BSOD and after the restart I only got the error message saying "unable to start the sevice" and my internet connection was unavailable. I have no other security soft installed. I think I am done with Malwarebytes :rolleyes::D
At least uninstallation process was flawless :p

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Is Malwarebytes simply seeking to prove anti-malware can perform with the av/IS providers in a standalone fashion, or should Malwarebytes 3.0 be taken 100% seriously long term? Security development continues to break ground, and I am going to follow how well Malwarebytes can keep up with competitors who already have powerful protection tools in place. Most certainly there will be more for them to contend with in the future.

Thought the company had a good plan in the past, and maybe this will work. It's a step outside their proven niche, though. Hope the rigors of software package development and innovation don't overwhelm the company and cause a decline in the standard type of performance we have seen from MBAM, which computer users have grown to trust to do certain jobs.

For the company, everything is going to change for sure. It's certain that Malwarebytes won't in the future be viewed as an anti-malware scanner company by their competitors. For the software companies with strong firewalling in their products, I actually think this might prove to be a good event. They will have a head start on Malwarebytes in an area of security that can be very lucrative, especially when it comes to securing businesses. The high profile of the change at Malwarebytes will only bring this to light.

For the writers at Malwarebytes, I can see how they could be faced with the daunting challenge of serious complaints of failure that could cost millions in damage for the first time in many years. If the product gains wide acceptance from businesses, so also will be present the accountability for the performance of this new concept. Must be an intimidating time at the company, overall. Can the company properly vector this burden/pressure within the company? Well, definitely, I don't think MB will be associated in the future with the "what you see is what you get" or "at least you know what you get when you buy from Malwarebytes" view from customers as was often the case with MBAM, MBAE, and MBAR. Companies like Kaspersky, Norton, McAfee, BitDefender, Sophos, and the other major security companies surely will make the most of this to add credibility to their claims of being the best.

I think we will see some very creative ways to compete with Malwarebytes and their new concept of security. Nonetheless, good luck to them. :)

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Is Malwarebytes simply seeking to prove anti-malware can perform with the av/IS providers in a standalone fashion, or should Malwarebytes 3.0 be taken 100% seriously long term? Security development continues to break ground, and I am going to follow how well Malwarebytes can keep up with competitors who already have powerful protection tools in place. Most certainly there will be more for them to contend with in the future.

Thought the company had a good plan in the past, and maybe this will work. It's a step outside their proven niche, though. Hope the rigors of software package development and innovation don't overwhelm the company and cause a decline in the standard type of performance we have seen from MBAM, which computer users have grown to trust to do certain jobs.

For the company, everything is going to change for sure. It's certain that Malwarebytes won't in the future be viewed as an anti-malware scanner company by their competitors. For the software companies with strong firewalling in their products, I actually think this might prove to be a good event. They will have a head start on Malwarebytes in an area of security that can be very lucrative, especially when it comes to securing businesses. The high profile of the change at Malwarebytes will only bring this to light.

For the writers at Malwarebytes, I can see how they could be faced with the daunting challenge of serious complaints of failure that could cost millions in damage for the first time in many years. If the product gains wide acceptance from businesses, so also will be present the accountability for the performance of this new concept. Must be an intimidating time at the company, overall. Can the company properly vector this burden/pressure within the company? Well, definitely, I don't think MB will be associated in the future with the "what you see is what you get" or "at least you know what you get when you buy from Malwarebytes" view from customers as was often the case with MBAM, MBAE, and MBAR. Companies like Kaspersky, Norton, McAfee, BitDefender, Sophos, and the other major security companies surely will make the most of this to add credibility to their claims of being the best.

I think we will see some very creative ways to compete with Malwarebytes and their new concept of security. Nonetheless, good luck to them. :)
^^^This. Very well said @AtlBo

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Trying it now and seems to work well alongside SEP. It does take up about 450mb of memory. The service is 400mb and during scans, its about 48mb and the tray is about 8mb. Haven't noticed any slowdowns on my PC, will run this for the entire trial to give it a fair amount of time to gauge system impact, compatibility issue and malware detection. Will then decide if I plan on keeping it. First Impression of it is good, then the thought of would MWB 2.x still be free for ondemand scans.

It picked up my custom theme as a threat, hope its a FP as I ran VT on it and 0/55. Scan Time is very quick, All my hard drive on a custom scan, 25 minutes. I'm impressed

MB3.png

Last edited:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I have tried stable v3 on my freshly installed W10 x64 AU and it welcomed me with BSOD and after the restart I only got the error message saying "unable to start the sevice" and my internet connection was unavailable. I have no other security soft installed. I think I am done with Malwarebytes :rolleyes::D
At least uninstallation process was flawless :p

Should be an issue between your security programs. Especially when you are running Malwarebytes in real-time. That's why I have disabled real-time protection in favor of using it as an on-demand scanner, and also to free up resource usage.

Reactions: DardiM and AtlBo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.