Malwarebytes Anti Malware

FUZZZY

Thread author
Jun 12, 2014
Hi, I have purchased and installed Malwarebytes Anti Malware which I found as a free software was great but since I puchased it the real time protection that purchasing it activates seems to have really slowed down my laptop and I would like to know can I limit the resources it uses or can i just turn the extra bits off. Thanks in advance for any help offered

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
Hi Fuzzy,
Have you
Kaspersky and Malwarebytes
the two programs
in the respective exception list
towards together?

sorry my english
is not so good
also
if I drive like to Scotland

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! FUZZY ! MBAM does use a lot of resources when you have it running in real time, but I don't think it should slow down your laptop a lot. You can turn off some of the MBAM extras, but then you don't have the real time protection. I'm wondering how much RAM do you have? You can see in my screen shot that MBAM does use a lot of RAM. I have 6GB of RAM. I run MSE and MBAM Pro. I don't notice a slow laptop. Type Resmon in your start orb and see what is going on in your computer! You can also open task manager and see what's going on with memory and CPU
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/111367-excessive-memory-usage-of-mbamserviceexe/
Capture48.JPG

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
Reactions: Xtwillight

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would use MBAM as On demand only.Consider enabling UAC.Thanks for sharing your config :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.