App Review Malwarebytes vs Emsisoft vs Comodo Detection Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
First of all, if here exists Malwarebytes fanboys, i dont care because it's not my fault that Malwarebytes scored this bad. All of them were fully up to date. Scoreboard:

1.Emsisoft Emergency Kit 122/122=100% as always :)
2.Comodo Cleaning Essentials 120/122=98.3%
3.Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free 98/122=80.3%.

Video here:

P.S. I forgot to insert music in video :rolleyes:

Reactions: Moose and Anupam

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
> Protection/detection against zero days!
> Then cleaning abilities are the most important to me.

Just thinking aloud guys!;)

Reactions: frogboy

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
EEK can detect a lot of malware, but it has a high number of false positives so it should be used by experienced users. Malwarebytes has lower detection rate but lower false positives, I recommend this to computer newbies.
As far as I know, Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) is no longer supported by Comodo. It's dumped along with zillions of other products.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hi Malware Test

Thanks for the excellent review (as always!) Umbra are you suggesting that Comodo is on it's last legs ;)
I will start to use Emsisoft to scan my laptop's every 3-4 weeks, I am really shocked about Malwarebytes.

Tony :)

Reactions: MalwareT
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Hi Malware Test

Thanks for the excellent review (as always!) Umbra are you suggesting that Comodo is on it's last legs ;)
I will start to use Emsisoft to scan my laptop's every 3-4 weeks, I am really shocked about Malwarebytes.

Tony :)

Thanks man i appreciate that. Emsisoft is also good because it has set of tools to scan, clean and repair damaged pc :)

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Reactions: MalwareT

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.