I also have a Windows Vista on a my laptop which has real-time protection:

Installed OS: Windows Vista

OS Architecture: 32-bit

Real-time Protection: Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2014

On-Demand Scanners: N/A

Web Browser: Google Chrome

Extensions and plugins: Google Chrome:
  1. Direct Pass (Trend Micro)
  2. LastPass Premium (Thanks MalwareTips!)
  3. Trend Micro Web Protection
  4. goo.gl URL Shortner
  5. Adblock Plus

FAQ:

Q: Why do you use Trend Micro all the time?
A: I believe that the web protection for me is enough. I rarely go to any bad sites and ones that are bad I end up doing it on a VM.

Q: Why are you still with Vista?
A: I'm still with Vista as I think it's a great OS. I've not had any issues with the Vista I have on my laptop.

Q: No On-Demand Scanners, why??!!??!?!??
A: As I've said before I barely go to any bad sites and when I do it's all done in a VM.

Q: What do you do on your computer?
A: I listen to music, make pretty pictures in Photoshop and play and host server for online games.

Last edited:

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Welcome to the forum

Which game you host? By any chance counter strike?

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Which game you host? By any chance counter strike?

Haha, been on the site for a couple of years ;)

I host Cod 1.1 and I'm hoping to see if I can get Cod 4 server too. :)

McLovin, you are a man of will power resisting those sites that are dodgy,:p and a renaissance man whom enjoys a 'Titanium Vista'!!:):D
Nothing wrong with Vista. Works like a charm for me.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Haha, been on the site for a couple of years ;)

I host Cod 1.1 and I'm hoping to see if I can get Cod 4 server too. :)

oops my bad :p

I love cod buy I love CS more.
I even coded Anti-Cheat for CS long back. But now I discarded the project and moved on ;).

Reactions: McLovin

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
When did Trend Micro 2015 come out of Beta? I reviewed it a couple of months back.

D

Deleted member 178

A: I believe that the web protection for me is enough. I rarely go to any bad sites and ones that are bad I end up doing it on a VM.

Hidden reason disclosed by Umbra: because it stick to me like glue, I can't get rid of it, I formatted my system 100+ times, it keeps coming back , I even tried to use the Umbra Combo but Trend managed its way to my system again !!!!

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
When did Trend Micro 2015 come out of Beta? I reviewed it a couple of months back.
Woops, my mistake meant to be 2014

Hidden reason disclosed by Umbra: because it stick to me like glue, I can't get rid of it, I formatted my system 100+ times, it keeps coming back , I even tried to use the Umbra Combo but Trend managed its way to my system again !!!!
That is quality words right there. haha

It's true, always have stuck with Trend. Love the program.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.