Microsoft Wants You To Forget Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Why exactly did it take you a hour to remove a worm? Windows 8 and xp are really the same thing.... only a few changes to appearance and some added features to windows 8.

Well if Windows 8 is just like Vista but then with more functions then 1 thing comes into mind.
Vista UAC was notoriously easy hijacked by malware. Even the simplest of Trojans and such could wreak your system just like that.
Even with good security Vista was a joke with a big sign above the PC : "Hack is allowed start here" or We welcome Malware every Tuesday and Thursday while Saturday is happy hour 2 malware for the price of one.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
It probably took me less than that but with about 90% of Windows users don't even know how to use the right click functions of their mouse could not learn that easy which made Windows 8 a failure.

Thanks. :D
What let me down (originally) with Windows 8 was primarily it's software incompatibilities,:confused: it's subsequent freezing,:( and those dreaded :eek:Blue Screen(s) of Death which followed after system kernel errors.:mad: Yet, it also happened to be all of "the above" which brought me here to find Malware Tips, and (of course) Littlebit's warnings about clone browsers that weren't patching security holes frequently enough to be reasonably safe or acceptable.:);) This is also what it feels like finally getting used to trusting a working 8.1 system only to realize it's about to be paddled out in a boat beside the ice floes along with it's bigger brothers XP & Vista.:oops:

Good Grief, Charlie Brown, at least linux is free ..even though I cannot pronounce it the same way as everyone on those youtube videos,:rolleyes:
Lol!!:D

Last edited:
Reactions: nissimezra

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Why exactly did it take you a hour to remove a worm? Windows 8 and xp are really the same thing.... only a few changes to appearance and some added features to windows 8.

I'm used to launching programs via the Start Menu which isn't there

Reactions: nissimezra

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
I bought Windows 8. So i will not forget it easily.

First make available a good OS then say to forget Windows 8.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I both hate and love Win8. I certainly despise Win8 in its native (Metro) form, which for any serious computer use sets efficiency totally aside in favor of the arch-fiend Ballmer's vision of some sort of demented Grand Unification of Desktop and Mobile devices (and I can assure you that my computer is definitely not a mobile phone).

On the other hand I love it with StartisBack installed. At the most basic level it unlocks Windows traditional functionality with a bypass of the blocks that the Fat Balding Devil placed on explorer.exe, resulting in a very efficient OS, so much so that I consider changing back to 7 a serious downgrade.

Reactions: JAMESWT

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
I never understood all the backlash on Metro. People portray it like you must use it. You do not even have to use it at all if you don't want to. My Win 8 computer always boots into the familiar desktop enviroment, everything works properly. Metro? Nowhere.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
I keep thinking to myself, what was the point of learning how to use Windows 8 metro design when is now is going to be removed on the next Windows OS and the navigation goes back to the Start Menu once again just like all other Windows releases.

Thank you Microsoft for making us waste our time learning something for no reason. This makes all of us who learned how to use metro design feel like fools, I'm sure users who did not buy into Windows 8 are laughing at us :p.

Metro design will join the other discontinued Windows OS features like Gadgets, Windows Sidebar, Dreamscene, Aero Glass Effects, Active Desktop, etc.

Enjoy!! :D

avast! Protection

Level 2
Verified
Jun 27, 2014
I remember when the image below has foreseen Windows 8's success few years ago:

257fe47547af456e.jpg

:D

Reactions: Littlebits

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Well if Windows 8 is just like Vista but then with more functions then 1 thing comes into mind.
Vista UAC was notoriously easy hijacked by malware. Even the simplest of Trojans and such could wreak your system just like that.
Even with good security Vista was a joke with a big sign above the PC : "Hack is allowed start here" or We welcome Malware every Tuesday and Thursday while Saturday is happy hour 2 malware for the price of one.
Im not using UAC anyway

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
ok.

I have a dual boot system now. With Win7 and win 8.1

The only thing I liked about Win8.1 is it's Task Manager and File Copying. And I really really really really miss normal start button. I got irritated so much by this, I now all time use win7.

Reactions: Littlebits

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
ok.

I have a dual boot system now. With Win7 and win 8.1

The only thing I liked about Win8.1 is it's Task Manager and File Copying. And I really really really really miss normal start button. I got irritated so much by this, I now all time use win7.
I hear you, Brother!;)
Since my wife, "Her Grace", is most pleased when using our Vaio lap top with Windows 7 Home Premium installed, guess which one of us gets the priviledge of owning Windows 8.1??:rolleyes: (Actually, at the moment, I'm using Manjaro Open Box loaded on Oracle's free Virtual Box!o_O) I kind of miss the touch features, but not much since this linux OS is currently running on a program that's still running directly on 8.1; and minimizing brings me right back to Windows' desktop which is somewhat like a scene change during a play!:cool::)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.