Moneypak lockout won't allow boot or safe mode

Bubbles

Thread author
Verified
Jul 11, 2013
Have entire download of OTLPE in folder on desktop.

Problem with step 7 above :
whne I open usb_prep8/.cmd there is no option called "Under Source Path to built BartPE/WinPE"

Also if this is a cmd prompt, how do I select the folder OTLPE that Icreated on my Desktop?

(I can't seem to import a print screen on this page to clarify)

Options are :
0 Change Type of USB Drive
1 Change XP Set up Source path
2 Change Virtual Temp Drive
3 Change target USB Drive letter
4 Make new Tempimage with XP local source and Copy to USB
5 Use exisitng Tempimage with XP local source and copy to USB
F Change Log file simple or extended
Q Quit

I figure what I want is #1 or possibly #4 Can you clarify?

Bubbles

Thread author
Verified
Jul 11, 2013
Using REATOGO (The original CD copy I downloaded when you and I started - I never could get your USB boot loead solution to work) I can see my files and programs, I can run Undelete_Plus (I only checked to see if it would work - did not delete anything), and the hex file programs (again just to see).

Bubbles

Thread author
Verified
Jul 11, 2013
I don't have one, but the CD/DVD in the unit is working - I am booting from this currently. I can ask around.

Would I need a second one to keep the boot CD in place while running another program? Could the USB work in that case? There are 3 USB ports - which I had tried to run HitmanPro from previously

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Bubbles, try to connect your computer hard disk to another computer and take a back up of all your personal files.

Bubbles

Thread author
Verified
Jul 11, 2013
Won't that infect the new host? How can I be sure / What AntiMalware can I trust to do that?

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Chances for getting infected is very there... Before you open the Drive scan it with HitmanPro, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, ESET

Bubbles

Thread author
Verified
Jul 11, 2013
Ok. Going to give this another go. I am hoping that after several months a soft fix might have been found for this nasty virus.

Quick summary - Using REATOGO I am able to access the computer and see data (very slowly) but unless this virus is cleaned off I just cant trust connecting to another drive or even copying data to a portable storage device. It's just too risky.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.