Mostafa's Security Configuration

S

starchild76

have you turned on UAC to max ( always ask ) ? you can add malwarebytes anti exploit , voodooshield. remove adblock plus and wot , and replace with adguard ( includes wot ) , https everywhere. I would not use tencent , its not that great : avast , 360 ts or avira or panda free are better options av wise ;)

you can ad privazer for more privacy and zenmate or hola or cyberghost as vpn browser plugins to get even more privacy! ad unchecky this app unchecks unwanted software in installer bundles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mostafa Elbadry

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 19, 2014
have you turned on UAC to max ( always ask ) ? you can add malwarebytes anti exploit , voodooshield. remove adblock plus and wot , and replace with adguard ( includes wot ) , https everywhere. I would not use tencent , its not that great : avast , 360 ts or avira or panda free are better options av wise ;)

yes it turned on , i will remove adblock plus and wot , and replace with adguard , i need program which give me right name to virus or malware that's why i don't use avast or 360 ts and avira slow down my internet and i didn't try panda is it good ?

Reactions: starchild76

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
First thing first, backup is always important no matter what will happen to your system. (Create system image with built in Windows feature or third party like Macrium Reflect or AOIMEI backup)

Second, conduct dangerous test in a isolated environment like Virtual Machine or another computer or fully virtualized system like Shadow Defender (paid/trial) or Toolwiz Time Freeze (free);/ just choose one.

Mostafa Elbadry

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 19, 2014
thanks all , i will use ad guard,add firefox ,use panda and i will use shadow defender

Panda is very good, see how it does on our Malware Hub.

i download some malware and it only detect them on scan does it has real time scan or not ??

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Mostafa Elbadry : It has real time scan, there's a difference on detecting by write and read. If you will try to hover a file or make a single click on the file then it should detect unless try to execute it.

Mostafa Elbadry

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 19, 2014
in fact i like panda too much and iam going to use their internet security version.......is it better than PrivateFirewall with panda free ??

another thing does panda has agood web shield or no ??

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
in fact i like panda too much and iam going to use their internet security version.......is it better than PrivateFirewall with panda free ??

another thing does panda has agood web shield or no ??
panda free+ private firewall is better than panda is. private firewall got a hips module so if panda free miss a sample most likly the hips modul in private firewall will alert u if the malware want to make any changes to the system. And yes,pandas web filter is good. if u want to use it in the free version u need to install the toolbar but after that u can uninstall the toolbar and the web modul is still installed and active.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi, I can suggest you to install also Collusion extension for your browser, which allows you to know which websites are tracking you!
This is very important.
Thanks for sharing your configuration ;)

Reactions: starchild76

Mostafa Elbadry

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 19, 2014
unfortunately i tried panda free and bitdefender free i didn't like any of them so i used avast internet security and i used firefox ..... thanks to everyone who advised me ..... is there any thing else i should do ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.