Latest Threads

Multiple choice quiz for Visual Basic (Programming)

Discussion in 'Space Bar' started by jamescv7, Sep 6, 2012.

1. jamescv7

jamescv7 Active Member

Hi guys :), well I'm back for another help basically still not a pro user when doing programming so I need to explore much.

Can you guys help me on how to make a multiple choice quiz program? Its an activity and the deadline will be on Saturday, however I cannot find a research for it

Also one link cannot solved much as its too way complicated.

If anyone knows it just post for detailed steps. I will give a rep+ for giving good suggestion. :D
  2. Huracan

Huracan Administrator MalwareTips Staff

Media:
  3. jamescv7

jamescv7 Active Member

Hi Earth, actually the first link was that I'm referred though was way complicated as it does have error when used the code.
  4. Malware Maniac

Malware Maniac Regular Member

Here is how I did it...
    I made a groupbox with the text being the question. I then put four Checkboxes, three wrong answers one right, I put all the checkboxes in the group box. I also put a button that says "Change".

I then put a label in the corner in that has the text "0" this will help with the score system. I then put another button that says Score with a label that says results.

For the wrong answer I had put:
    Code:
    If CheckBox1.Checked = True Then
    CheckBox1.Enabled = False
    CheckBox2.Enabled = False
    CheckBox3.Enabled = False
    CheckBox4.Enabled = False
    Button1.Enabled = True

Button one would be enabled for the change. Once you chose all options will be disabled until the change button was pressed.

I coded the correct button the same way I coded the the wrong answer except with:
    Code:
    Label1.Text += 1

This would add a point if you were to get the right answer.

The code I used for the change button was:

Code:
    If CheckBox3.Checked = True Then
    Label1.Text -= 1
    End If
    CheckBox1.Checked = False
    CheckBox2.Checked = False
    CheckBox3.Checked = False
    CheckBox4.Checked = False
    CheckBox1.Enabled = True
    CheckBox2.Enabled = True
    CheckBox3.Enabled = True
    CheckBox4.Enabled = True
    Button1.Enabled = False

The Label1.Text -= 1 is to subtact from the score if you were to have the correct answer but wanted to change.

When I coded Score I put:
    Code:
    Label2.Text = Label1.Text + "/1"
    Button1.Enabled = False

The Button1 would be disabled so that once you got your result you could not change your answer to the correct one.

I hope I helped. If I didn't I would recommend asking ReviewsAntivirus to help with coding.

I do a little bit of coding :blush:.

Attached Files: