My Website Was Stolen By A Hacker. And I Got It Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
My Website Was Stolen By A Hacker. And I Got It Back. - topic here ..
My Website Was Stolen By A Hacker. And I Got It Back. : on ramshackleglam.com : http://www.ramshackleglam.com/2014/04/01/my-website-was-stolen-by-a-hacker-and-i-got-it-back

For several days last week, RamshackleGlam.com – the domain name that I have owned and operated since March of 2010 – did not belong to me, but rather to a man who goes by the name “bahbouh” on an auction website called Flippa.com , and who was attempting to sell off the site to the highest bidder (with a “Buy It Now” price of $30,000.00). He promised the winner my traffic, my files, and my data, and suggested that I was available “for hire” to continue writing posts (alternatively, he was willing to provide the winner with “high-quality articles” and “SEO advice” to maintain the site’s traffic post-sale).
I learned that my site was stolen on a Saturday. Three days later I had it back, but only after the involvement of fifty or so employees of six different companies, middle-of-the-night conferences with lawyers, FBI intervention, and what amounted to a sting operation that probably should have starred Sandra Bullock instead of…well…me.
Of course I’ve heard of identity theft, and of cyber hacking, but honestly, my attitude towards these things was very much “it could never happen to me.” And even if it did…I didn’t exactly understand why it was such a huge deal. Couldn’t you just explain to people what had happened, prove who you were, and sort it all out? We live in such a highly documented world, it seemed completely impossible to me that someone could actually get away with pretending to be someone else with any real consequences beyond a few phone calls and some irritation.
It’s much, much worse – more threatening, more upsetting, and more difficult (if not impossible) to fix – than I’d ever imagined.
I found out about the hacking from my ..
Read more at the website, please ..

.. father.

contact2jordan.jpg
lMA1zKX.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.