Myna

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
>Upgraded to Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
>Changed the main browser to chrome.
>Removed all the browser extensions except IDM CC and Sticky Password
>Real-time Protection: ESET Smart Security, AppGuard, Zemana Antilogger, Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Free
>On Demand Protection: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium, Sanboxie Pro, Shadow Defender, HitmanPro
>Other Notable Products: AdGuard, CyberGhost Premium Plus, IPVanish VPN, Revo Uninstaller Pro, Wise Care 365 Pro, Symantec Encryption Desktop
>Backup: Testing Acronis True Image 2014 Premium and Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 Suite. If I don't like them, I'll go back to AX64 Time Machine.

Reactions: yigido

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
>Upgraded to Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
>Changed the main browser to chrome.
>Removed all the browser extensions except IDM CC and Sticky Password
>Real-time Protection: ESET Smart Security, AppGuard, Zemana Antilogger, Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Free
>On Demand Protection: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium, Sanboxie Pro, Shadow Defender, HitmanPro
>Other Notable Products: AdGuard, CyberGhost Premium Plus, IPVanish VPN, Revo Uninstaller Pro, Wise Care 365 Pro, Symantec Encryption Desktop
>Backup: Testing Acronis True Image 2014 Premium and Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 Suite. If I don't like them, I'll go back to AX64 Time Machine.
nice config mate :) nothing to add more and good move to upgrade ur os!

Reactions: Myna and yigido
D

Deleted member 178

excellent config, just Zemana is pointless when ESET and Appguard are there; it will just use resources for nothing.

Acronis is very efficient but bloated , just backup your system once, create a boot CD of it (as i did) and remove it from the system.

Reactions: Myna and Striker

Myna

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
excellent config, just Zemana is pointless when ESET and Appguard are there; it will just use resources for nothing.

Acronis is very efficient but bloated , just backup your system once, create a boot CD of it (as i did) and remove it from the system.
Even I was wondering about zemana. Thanks for confirming it. Gonna disable it. :)

And yea, I'm gonna use Acronis bootable USB only. Got no plan of using the app itself. So before re-installing Windows, I did make the bootable USB. :)

Reactions: Deleted member 178

Myna

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Config Updated (Stripped down):

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
OS Architecture: 64-bit (x64)
Malware Samples and Phishing sites: Yes, I visit Phishing sites No
Number of users for this PC: Single user account (Private)
Real-Time Protection: Eset Smart Security, Sandboxie (Paid), AppGuard, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro
UAC- Always enabled
On-demand scanners: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro
Privacy and Optimisation: Shadow Defender, Adguard, IPVanish, Symantec Encryption Desktop
Backup and Recovery: Acronis True Image Premium, External SSD and Google Drive One Drive
Web Browser: Google Chrome Firefox
Extensions and Plugins: IDM CC, Sticky Password Premium, Policeman, Adguard Extension, Self-Destructing Cookies
Other Software: Hard Disk Sentinel Pro, Revo Uninstaller Pro, Wise Care 365 Pro, Internet Download Manager, Connectify Hotspot PRO Plus, Boxcryptor, WinPatrol

IMO, Firefox extension Policeman is pretty awesome. It does have a few bugs, but regardless, it's still awesome.

Removed On-Demand scanner(s) as I don't think I need them anymore. I've tweaked Firefox to the best of my knowledge (for privacy). And on top of that, it always runs inside Sandboxie.

Removed Chrome cuz I was unable to successfully fix WebRTC IP leak. (If anyone knows how, please do share.)

Reactions: JM Safe and scot

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Config Updated (Stripped down):

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
OS Architecture: 64-bit (x64)
Malware Samples and Phishing sites: Yes, I visit Phishing sites No
Number of users for this PC: Single user account (Private)
Real-Time Protection: Eset Smart Security, Sandboxie (Paid), AppGuard, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro
UAC- Always enabled
On-demand scanners: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro
Privacy and Optimisation: Shadow Defender, Adguard, IPVanish, Symantec Encryption Desktop
Backup and Recovery: Acronis True Image Premium, External SSD and Google Drive One Drive
Web Browser: Google Chrome Firefox
Extensions and Plugins: IDM CC, Sticky Password Premium, Policeman, Adguard Extension, Self-Destructing Cookies
Other Software: Hard Disk Sentinel Pro, Revo Uninstaller Pro, Wise Care 365 Pro, Internet Download Manager, Connectify Hotspot PRO Plus, Boxcryptor, WinPatrol

IMO, Firefox extension Policeman is pretty awesome. It does have a few bugs, but regardless, it's still awesome.

Removed On-Demand scanner(s) as I don't think I need them anymore. I've tweaked Firefox to the best of my knowledge (for privacy). And on top of that, it always runs inside Sandboxie.

Removed Chrome cuz I was unable to successfully fix WebRTC IP leak. (If anyone knows how, please do share.)

A good update, but I suggest you to install BitDefender 60 Second Virus scanner, because it is very fast and efficient, and it runs in background, so it doesn't take slow down the PC.
Thanks for sharing it ;)

Reactions: Myna and LabZero

Myna

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Read on How to Update your Security Config, without creating a new thread.
Why did you remove Google Drive and Symantec Encryption?
Google Drive - I use Office 365. So got terabytes of OneDrive space at my disposal. And so moved everything onto it.
Symantec Encryption - I'm no more authorized to use the license that I was using.

A good update, but I suggest you to install BitDefender 60 Second Virus scanner, because it is very fast and efficient, and it runs in background, so it doesn't take slow down the PC.
Thanks for sharing it ;)
Thanks. I'll give it a look. :)

Reactions: JM Safe

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.