App Review Nano Antivirus Free 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Nano Antivirus test!
Nano is a Russian editor, very unknown to the general public.
It offers a free antivirus and a paid one with a simple and colorful interface.
The product wants to be ergonomic, but is it effective?

We quickly see that it is not...
No detection on the Web, all the malwares are installed...
On the pack and on the fake crack too, Nano certainly managed to block malware but too many attacks manage to install themselves.
The system is fatally infected, I could not pass any other disinfection tool than NPE....
In addition, during the quick scan, Nano did not manage to remove all the malware it detected...
Not recommended.

RAM Usage : Average
Malware URL test : 0/10 (All missed !!)
Fake crack : 0,25/1 (many attacks are downloaded and installed without reaction...)
Malware Pack : Remaining 68 files out of 216.
The system is full of infections...
Nano manages to block some attacks but the infections are too numerous...
System completely infected and not working.

Resistance to script attacks: No

Result :
Nano : 35 (Nano manages to remove only 7 files and it has skipped 8 malwares that it has detected without my opinion.... WTF?)
NPE: 98
KVRT : Impossible to launch it... Very busy processor and very infected machine....

Recommand : No, not recomended
System Clean : No system very infected

@Popolitus request

I Walk MY Way

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 27, 2013
Nano It's hard to even call this thing on anti-virus, It literally has no real protection at all It's the sort of product that should be banned a long time ago But yet it still Available. And ask for money for the pro version is just a highway robber, Nice video by the way well done.

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I thought I would check this AV out. I skipped the free version and opted for the 30-day Pro trial. From what I can see it equals Kaspersky. Some of the files I tested were only flagged by three AVs on VT and this was one of them. And so, testing the free version was a waste of time. Try it again with the Pro 30-day trial if you really want to see what this AV can do(y)

yahiro

Jun 26, 2023
Hello and welcome to the Nano Antivirus test!
Nano is a Russian editor, very unknown to the general public.
It offers a free antivirus and a paid one with a simple and colorful interface.
The product wants to be ergonomic, but is it effective?

We quickly see that it is not...
No detection on the Web, all the malwares are installed...
On the pack and on the fake crack too, Nano certainly managed to block malware but too many attacks manage to install themselves.
The system is fatally infected, I could not pass any other disinfection tool than NPE....
In addition, during the quick scan, Nano did not manage to remove all the malware it detected...
Not recommended.

RAM Usage : Average
Malware URL test : 0/10 (All missed !!)
Fake crack : 0,25/1 (many attacks are downloaded and installed without reaction...)
Malware Pack : Remaining 68 files out of 216.
The system is full of infections...
Nano manages to block some attacks but the infections are too numerous...
System completely infected and not working.

Resistance to script attacks: No

Result :
Nano : 35 (Nano manages to remove only 7 files and it has skipped 8 malwares that it has detected without my opinion.... WTF?)
NPE: 98
KVRT : Impossible to launch it... Very busy processor and very infected machine....

Recommand : No, not recomended
System Clean : No system very infected

@Popolitus request

hello...thanks for or work....and ....can I ask if there is any "free" antivirus recomended ??

partha_roy

Level 3
Well-known
Oct 16, 2022
When u have time, can u test iobit malware fighter pro? if u need a key let me know.
Thanks
yes, either that or Advanced System Care Ultimate with the same AV modules as that of Malware fighter pro. Some of their products, especially the Advanced System Care and the Iobit Uninstaller Pro have grown on me over time

I hear they use their own database as well as Bitdefender's

Reactions: [correlate]

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
yes, either that or Advanced System Care Ultimate with the same AV modules as that of Malware fighter pro. Some of their products, especially the Advanced System Care and the Iobit Uninstaller Pro have grown on me over time

I hear they use their own database as well as Bitdefender's
Absolutely nothing special. The free version uses it's own engine that barely detects anything. The pro version uses Bitdefender signatures but behavioural blocking is pretty much non-existent.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.